Ferren Snowspinner

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, Mar 3, 2015.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Great champ and I think the midterm is nice but can she get transfer life or a damage buff?
    Quest: Support Ally is kinda dumb giving her ranks of regen when she shouldn't be in the fight anyways. She does 7 damage before defense .

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

To be honest my opinion on her greatly changed after I realised that Dancer lost her Health kit.
    I think Quest: Support instead of a rank of Regen should give a rank of Heal champ. Then replace Heal Champ on upgrade 2 with Motivate.

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

So not OP?

4. Pedeguerra

To be fair I never said she was OP, I said she was "boss mode". :D
    But yeah, probably not, but I will hold my judgment until further testing. Expect some serious Ferren play time this week.
    Whar-Pede shall shine again.

5. KingJad

nohkan do needs to go on ferren already.

6. Pedeguerra

I dont know man, am I the only one who likes it? After all, you cant really imagine ST without NKD, its in all its flavor texts.
    It offers a very unique playstile, in which a player exchanges offensive power for defensive power, and vice versa.
    I can see it as a very unfriendly ability for new players, but in no way I see it "OP nerf" as people claim, but I have shared my opinions a thousand times and there is that.
    Interactions like Possess chasm or Stealth are way stronger, at least on my view.
    If anything it should go back to its previous state or something.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  7. KingJad

I don't care if monks keep nohkan do thats not what I was on about. I want ferren focus back:(. @Sokolov ;)

Goyo likes this.
  8. Pedeguerra

Ahhhhhh, then we agree. Ferren Focus was awesome.

9. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think it's nice to see another ranged champ in ferren. Snow shroud is a pretty nice ability, although I can't decide weather or not I want chilling disc or invig. :( but yes, you've got to factor in the fact that she will be gaining 1+ damage for other disc abilities. (if you're running ferren that is)

10. KingJad

disicipline abilities are sloppy don't like em and alluring disicipline is probably still bugged... You shouldn't have to decide on running invig 2 or not.

11. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Definitely prefer invigorate. AP generation is really good.

12. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

Yes, agreed. Ferren Focus was one of the most imaginative things to hit ST in a long time. I was really bummed when it was removed, and on top of it now there's nothing that mechanically distinguishes Monks from Ferren. And that actually ends up making the Ferren subtheme wholly redundant.

13. Pedeguerra

I have to say, though, those Disciplines are starting to grow on me. Ive played them a little today and I got those ferrens to some really nasty damages.

14. KingJad

what did you use for frozen?

15. KingJad

Im aware of those two sources. I was more specifically interested in what exactly he had besides those incase there was something i wasnt thinking of.

16. Pedeguerra

Yeah, mostly the regular sources from auras. I refuse to run Cloak of Ice until it gives Frost Accolyte like Tinder Box gives Fire Accolyte.
    Im considering running Manacles as well, but Im afraid my room for non champs is a bit crowded. We will see how it goes.
    One thing I would like to propose for Disciplines is: "if target is Frozen or Awestruck"... Seems fitting and opens up the source for higher damage.

Edit: the Frozen applied from spells is also very good, I have been considering running Northern Wind Discipline and Frostbite (against stealth).