Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Member

It's 13 damage base, 17 damage with berserker 3. I see you conveniently omitted that it was being affected by Mirefolk Fealty, granting it encouraged, which explained the high damage, as well as banner. Perhaps you missed the previous patch which massacred the roughly 30 Semi Aquatics champions to borderline shoebox status with the triple nerf to Nora Cost, damage, and defense. It's no longer acceptable to bash FS runes for being supposedly to strong when meta statistics have constantly reaffirmed that it's at the bottom, in the same way that beating up homeless people wouldn't be socially acceptable.

2. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Member

Thorn Collection has worked properly on Illusions for years, with not a peep of complaint. Why will it be getting "fixed" today, or at all. It's a perfectly balanced punishment to illusion abuse to rob a few nora from them in the process of killing them, SAME as unholy tomb does indefinitely without killing them due to loss of life (if anything is broken this would be it, but eventhen I'd caution against neutering Illusion counters). We have just seen how strong Illusions are based on the huge nerf to Illusion of Lies, so now to try nix counters to illusions is foolish and counterproductive..

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Are you being serious here ^, bud?

Edit: let me explain - do you think the owner of the illusions should get nora back from them? Cause thats what will happens most of the time with this new vashal guy. Imagine: I double tap with it, get 4 illusions. Then TC, and get nora back from all of them? Balanced? No.
    Also, illusions shouldnt count when giving nora to UT, Im guessing if thats the case it will be fixed as well.

Pattn199, JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  4. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Member

The only thing I'll agree that perhaps should be debatable is the refunding of nora for damaging your own illusion champs (but maintaining nora steal for damaging enemy illusions, in the rare instances thats applicable) due to the new Vashal. Even still champs like Elven Illusionist were getting used for a long time with Illusion of Lies, and had the same thorn collection potential, but not a word of complaint or delusional cries of imbalance were uttered. Also illusions should count when granting nora to UT due to life loss, and this has been known for years. However if something should get changed then perhaps it's that since it's potentially endless nora gen on the illusions since they don't get destroyed by life loss, whereas something like thorn collection is a 1 time deal. Nothing is gonna get "fixed", because basic mechanics and combo synergy that have been known to every competent player for years does not automatically become broken once you discover it and proclaim it so.

5. Pedeguerra

What? Lol. If you really think that way I really cant say much.
    Also, nothing gets changed because someone "discover it and proclaim it so", but its rather a consensus on things. Illusions shouldnt do nothing besides being road blocks, and that isnt bad at all, because disengaging/killing them takes AP. Being able to drop relics like they do shouldnt be allowed as well, thats just easy mode.
    The elven illusionist working like that was probably an oversight, and Im glad people cant pull it off anymore.

JellyBerry, Pattn199 and SPiEkY like this.
  6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Illusions also shouldn't be dropping relics

SPiEkY likes this.
  7. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

lol, an FS player using "We're at the bottom" to defend a ridiculous collection of stats and abilities on a 75 Nora champion.
    Good to see things haven't changed.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Agreed, unless a champ is created that can generate illusionary relics.

9. SlickDragon

SlickDragon Member

Ah i see, so not a word of complaint for years when every competent player knew about the combo/synergies, but all of a sudden when you figure it out it has now become a "consensus". Your entitled to your opinions, but don't claim that your voice automatically ensures a majority for the pox community.

Being allowed to drop relics is not gonna get changed just because you think it should either, sorry. What you deem as "easy mode" does not make it reality.

Elven Illusionist or any illusion champ giving Nora to UT and Thorn Collection has been known for years, and is even plastered around the KF combo Forums for instance as mentioned previously. That is the opposite of an oversight, when even new players to factions are knowledgable about such basic mechanics.

People can still "pull it off", but you are fortunate that Sokolov is a Dev since he is very adamant about nerfing anything possible, even runes that haven't changed their functionality for half a decade, as long as one or two players start complaining.

10. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Crown of night barbs + Decay was known for years as well. Just sayin'

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

We have a Winner for "The New Polltroy!"
    Congratulations bruh!

JellyBerry, SPiEkY and Pedeguerra like this.
  12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Pedeguerra likes this.
  13. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

There have been several illusion bgs that have abused just that over the years. There's a KF/FS one designed to abuse Elven Illusionist and Firk Mindweaver. (and yes the use of the term abuse is intentional).

I do think it should be able to proc off enemy illusions for what it's worth.

SlickDragon likes this.
  14. Pedeguerra

I have no idea why you are coming at me like that bro, but reading through these forums like I do you will realise that yes, its a consensus.
    If you think Im not enough of a competent player we can play a few matches, if we havent already.
    Then you will know, although I have a feeling it wont bold well for you.

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Sokolov

As much as I'm for ability consolidation; what do you think about Elementals gaining unique versions of Elemental Fortitude/Affinity? This thought came about when I was wandering why I can't Drown a Fire Elemental if he is Fire. Similarly why the Mud Elemental would have the same Elemental affinities as an Acid Elemental, or even a Lightning Elemental.

I think if we made each Elemental have their own Elemental Affinity ability. They would see more play within their respective theme. Possibly being a center piece of the theme.

Affinity Fire: ?
    Affinity Earth: ?
    Affinity Water: ?
    Affinity Air: ?
    Affinity Frost: ?
    ECT...

Just something to ponder.

16. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

This can be removed from the list now, no?

Also, font defender should really get put up there if what you said about it being "on the way out" in a previous thread is true.

17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yes, thanks. Font Defender got removed with this patch :)

Pattn199 and JellyBerry like this.
  18. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Oh neat, was it replaced with anything?

19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

My comparison was to OTHER theme spells, most of which seem to be along the same power level (or else shoebox).

20. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Just wanna drop some positive feedback: I love this new type of design that can be seen in Aurora Lancer and Flagellum of Chains :D. Opens up lots of cool rune combinations; if not for new full fledged bgs, at least modules within existing ones.
    (of course, as with everything else, gotta make sure it's not too much or doesn't add too much synergy bla bla...)