Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Dark pact is a single target spell, already rarely used as it is difficult to predict which champ will be targeted. I think a duration would shoebox it.

Snowblind on the other hand is an auto-include global spell, they aren't really comparable.

Edit: if dark pact was to get a 6 turn duration for the sake of consistancy it could stand to lose five Nora at least.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    Shimaru, Ohmin and Netherzen like this.
  2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

All 3 spells are shoebox with a 6 turn cooldownDuration.

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Hey, sok, I think you should look at CV

Sokolov, PhdNiceGuy and JellyBerry like this.
  4. mud1

mud1 Well-Known Member

Dark pact needs to be totally redone if it has to have a duration or cost like 15 nora. Snowblind needs a cost decrease to 25 if its duration is 6.

5. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

A quick comment: what is the reasoning for borghas (maybe) keeping fire volatility? The fact breaker and catalyst (clearly based on FV) had to be weaker versions just proves, imo, how troublesome is to balance FV itself. So, if you are considering taking the trouble to balance FV so borghas can keep it, I suppose there must be a good reason. What it is?

Honestly, I see no reason to keep FV as it is. For simplicity's sake, I think the best route is to consolidate all those abilities into a single one, so UD borghas, SP hyaenid and ST jakei works in a similar way, and their intended use and synergy is more intuitive. Obviously, borghas and ember wasp would require some work to remain competitive, but slapping fire aura or fire feed (along with the consolidated fire breaker or catalyst) on borghas is much more simple than keeping around an ability whose main purpose is to be the focus of trick decks, forcing to constantly adjust and re-adjust the same rune, like it have been the case these past years.

So, IMO, I tend to believe the best option is to consolidate volatility and catalyst into the breaker version, as the "take X damage type" condition to proceed it made it more focused on themes, rather than the catalyst option which works on anything making it more easy to voluntary trigger it with a meta generic BG; also, the way lower limit made breaker much more harder to be employed on loopholes like what happened to the original borghas and the reason for his fire resistance ability. Buffing the champions affected as required would be the last step.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  6. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

[03/02] Maxxerek - Rework so he is not dependent on DEP

I think the whole Maxxa + DEP interaction is pretty neat. Say that whenever Maxx gets beckoned reduce the cooldown by one?

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Tyrant is still mad overpowered.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Magma bunny.

No seriously, 58 nora keeps genning hp from fire eater. It went over 500 hp total in my game.

9. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

Sokolov please fix pillars of flame. Sometimes isn't doing damage, and it works weird with 2x2... it's on of the funniest spells ud has, and it has always been broken...

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Throw Champion and Load Catapult are similar abilities with some strange differences. Probably up for consolidation.

11. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Any chance still life could be looked at? something like if it moves more than X spaces it loses stealthed

12. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Keg Toss, while yes on the wrong slot, is also not triggering on the attack chain if used first.

13. KingJad

rapid attack also doesn't trigger on the attack chain if used first.

Molosse likes this.
  14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Thor? No he has Charge 2 now.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Lemme know if you still need help testing.

16. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Did you do any play testing on the on death portion of the buffer? Last few times I've run soulbond the on death bonus wouldn't proc usually. Is it a spell/relic kill doesn't trigger the bonus scenario or just a wonky bug

17. KingJad

ancient implications doesn't grant a refund on non champ kills. You can imagine how pissed I was to know I wasted 30 nora and a baller spell.

18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Whats the deal with Radiant Blow? It is 8 nora for +2 damage and an unlikely to ever be triggered condition pending a big mistake on your opponents part. It seems like almost a pure sandbag on most of the units it is on.

Is there any way we can either get it removed or made into something slightly easier to trigger like within 2 squares rather than 1?

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It also currently grants Backlash. Fix both these problems, please.

<3

Netherzen likes this.
  20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I could see a cost reduction to 5 or so. Power Attack is 2 Nora and throw on a few for being Alt damage and the blind that's useful once in a blue moon.

doubtofbuddha likes this.