China's air pollution

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GemmaXylia, Mar 7, 2015.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Hey!

I do not know how wordly/interested in current affairs you guys are.. But I have a really large interest in China and spend most of my time reading/watching things about China.. Because it's fascinating!

Basically, everyone knows China has a pretty bad issue with pollution at the moment, and it's entirely been swept under the rug for so long.

But one of China's most famous journalists has made an exciting lecture/documentary type thing about the issues, and it's such a huge step!

Watch atleast the first 10 minutes or so, but if you have the patience watch it all!

She has really good "Guanxi" with the Chinese government, which essentially means she has built a great relationship up over the years that everyone knows/likes her. If anyone else made this documentary it would probably have been banned/the person who made it arrested or never to be seen again in a mysterious dissapearance.

But it's good, she never technically blames the government, so it's not wholly slanderous. It just outlies all the different problems and brings to light a lot of issues that hopefully will now get looked at going forwad!

Yay China.

2. mud1

mud1 Well-Known Member

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It was in the news a couple days back. She's the one who had a baby with a tumor and then started looking into it, right? Fascinating stuff though.