For The Love of God, Nerf Deploy Charged!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by potatonuts, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Removing an ability isn't what he is suggesting.
    I like this solution. Make Recharge cost 2 AP

Dhamun and Osidan like this.
  2. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

But that referred to Deploy Charged not Recharge.
    I like the idea of recharge costing AP.

3. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Recharge 2 Ap,Cd1

Dhamun, SPiEkY and Sealer0 like this.
  4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Well it didn't, and i explained the misunderstanding to you in my following posts. In the very first post i made i said Elementalist is a problem because it never runs out of charges, it never runs out of charges because of Deploy Charged. The reason i made this post is because i noticed that Death Charged no longer gains charges from the death of summoned units where Deploy Charged does still gain charges for them being deployed, however i suppose that could be accounted for in the greater cost.

Regardless, I only used Elementalist as an example because it is likely the worst culprit of 'deploy charge exploitation', I think Keeper is almost equally an issue. Had you simply voiced your opinion or disagreements with my opinion like a normal person instead of telling me to 'get my facts straight' without even understanding what i was referring to then we wouldn't even be doing this right now.

So, yeah. Maybe i am wrong and Recharge is the problem.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  5. Mausini

I am German. We always go strait to the facts.

If something is wrong we just state:"Zis is wrong. Correct zat".
    And zan we correct it and anyzhing is fine and all are happy wiz it because we did it right and correct and...

;)

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No i agree with him entirely the recharge is the issue here same as it was on nectar fairy, i also think recharge should cost 2 ap.

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Good. Everyone is in agreement. Quickly bar the doors before the ST players show up.

Sealer0, JellyBerry, Dhamun and 9 others like this.
  8. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I refrained from suggesting that to Sok because there are other champions with recharge, so if we are going to change it we would have to change them all.

Too late.

9. Mausini

To late.
    You are all wrong. But thats no problem because I am right.
    Not Recharge is the problem but you impatiently deploying all that shiny runes you have. You poser!

AP for Recharge sounds not to bad.
    Give it a noradiscount for it and perhaps Tinkerer Fairy and Sheol Magnus needs some adjustments. AoG uses it very passively anyway.

10. Radan

Radan The King of Potatoes

Elementalist- recharge- just let the ability trigger 1 or 2 time per turn, can get rank 1 and rank 2.

Keeper- unleash memories- put a cap on it.
    gain 2 nora for each charge. cap 15 charge. if it still too powerful nora cost for unleash memories can increase
    gain 1 nora for each charge. cap 20 charge. nora cost remain the same

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

The keeper nora cap isn't necessary the problem with it is taking nora from your opponent which is potentially doubling its power right now.

12. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Yeah maybe you should have removed deploy charged from vex instead of killing her ;)

13. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

Aspect of Growth uses recharge as a way of paying nora for high- or low-cooldown on growth. Sheoul Magus uses it to let him save up for multiple blood magic in one turn. Adding AP would bork both these designs.

It's the ones that have too many cooldown abilities all getting recharged and easy gaining of charges that are the problem. There the cooldown:AP cost ratio is too low (i.e. reducing cooldown is too easy). An extreme example would be violence charged on a champ with adaptation -- it's the combination of cooldown abilities and easy charges that's the problem.

Also, the description for deply charged says "from the runedock", so summons aren't supposed to proc.

14. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think 2 AP is too much, but 1 AP would be fine.

I understand that it already consumes charges, but the power of the ability is (IMO) very hard to balance just via the charge mechanic alone. By reducing AP with use, the abilities that can be used with it get reduced as well.

With that said, I do not think such a change is actually a good change for the Elementalist. IMO he needs deploy charge shifted for abuse charge.

15. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Seems like the more direct approach is to replace Deploy Charged and Recharge on Jakei Elementalist with Ripples, as that's more or less what's going on.