How Long Would You Want the Turn-Timer to Be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Mar 15, 2014.

?

How Long Would You Want the Turn-Timer to Be?

1. 1:30 & below (as I'm so speedy, & my mind runs like a supercomputer)

4.3%
  2. 1:45 (current setting)

18.3%
  3. 2:00 (a little more time would be helpful)

51.3%
  4. 2:15 (I need more time to read the tons of ability descriptions on EACH champ)

12.2%
  5. 2:30 (I need more time as the animations slow my computer down to snail-speed)

10.4%
  6. 2:45 & above (I like to do errands DURING my game, like grocery-shopping, etc...)

3.5%
  1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

2. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

I believe that new players would benefit most from an increase in the turn-timer.

Can you imagine being a new player and trying to read all the ability descriptions on even a single champ in the 1:45?

3. Morningstarz

Morningstarz Member

I'd wish they added 15 secs to a turn.

4. Elric

Me too

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I like the idea of 1:45 turns. I have no problem with adding a 5:00 minute pool that can be used toward longer turns, but once that pool is gone that's it.

6. Elric

It's a cool idea, but maybe it would be too hard for the owls to implement as opposed to a 15-second increase.

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

More time should come at a cost. Just adding more time is imo a bad idea.Let people hurt their shrine if they need a little more time in a turn.

8. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

Voted 2:30. I find myself making a lot of stupid mistakes because I don't have time to read all my opponents runes, even when I use their turn to do so. A longer turn won't hurt anyone; if faster people can do everything in 30 seconds, then nothing changes for them.

9. BansheeX

Waiting longer each and every turn does changes something. It makes games tedious when you have to wait for a long time.

10. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

the game is so slow now
    I said
    2:30
    but I mean it for 2v2

gila900 likes this.
  11. kilo

kilo New Member

Without a doubt, the fact that ~50% of my turns end due to timer expiry because I'm thinking through the math and reading abilities is a top 3 reason why I don't engage more in this game.

Increasing at least to 2 minutes has such huge value to new players. And the vets complaining about longer games -- you can still hit the "End Turn" button when you are finished... An extra 15 seconds for the opposing player won't kill you, and has nothing but up side because it will frustrate them less.

Again: you want to build the community. I can speak personally to the enormous frustration each time I pick up Pox again with the timer rushing me to make mistakes or not even get to moves.

Zenity likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

As a great chess bullet fan, 1 min would be awesome

13. kilo

kilo New Member

I fail to see how collecting data isn't valuable.

Sourcing vs. Filtering, you guys!

14. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

The main issue that I have with increasing the turn timer is that historically, it has not solved the issue. When the timer was raised from 1:30 => 1:45 due to pressure, people were still and are still complaining about how the timer is too short. Generally, people will take as much time as they have available if they are unsure about a decision. In this game, this is usually done because people have not developed the skill to think/calculate during their opponents turn and thus take their entire turn thinking to make a decision. Once they run out of time, they decide to make a choice, but then don't have enough time to execute. For example, I've seen five minute turns in the Draft/Tournament battlegrounds.

If you want to make the Training Grounds go up to two minutes instead of 1:45, I wouldn't really be opposed, however, again, I don't believe it will really solve the more core issue and I feel in a few months people will ask to increase the time again.

There have been a fair number of comments on the polls though.

15. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

2 minutes would be perfect I think.

16. Elric

Coming from a top player, that speaks volumes! :)

17. BansheeX

But the other top players who vote for less time are not quoted ;) Look at Burns comment for excample.

18. Elric

I think that he's kidding. Would you really want a 1:00 timer?

19. BansheeX

No, i prefere the 1:45, but his post sounds serious enough.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I like it the way it is, but activating a time bank after the game has been active for a certain amount if time or so many turns would also be acceptable.

I don't think extra time should be allowed early because it's not necessary and adds ammo for troll/grief situations.

PurpleTop likes this.