The A.I. Commiting Suicide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeepShark, Mar 9, 2015.

1. DeepShark

DeepShark New Member

We all know this isn't a new problem, and really should have been taken care of years ago.

It's freaking annoying to go into a Skirmish game to test out a new BG, and have the match be worthless as a test because the AI suicides everything.

Please make it so either...

A. The A.I. knows not to deploy on Chasms
    B. The Deployment zones are shifted so they are not over Chasms

2. charlieriot

charlieriot I need me some PIE!

how is this even an issue!? just surrender and do another one? it takes maybe 20 seconds :)

3. DeepShark

DeepShark New Member

That's what I do. I think that's what everyone does.

...as to your question...
    The fact that it's broken, and it's been broken for years. That's how it's an issue. :rolleyes:
    Just because there is a work around doesn't mean that it should continue to be ignored forever.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  4. charlieriot

first of all "years"!? skirmish has only existed for a few months... and secondly the great majority of people that play skirmish play to get runes and gold so they dont mind if they get an easy rune every couple dozen games

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, the AI has been cliff deploying for years

6. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

My favorite the the AI dropping random fireblasts, occasionally on their own units and shrine.

Pattn199 and Strings like this.
  7. DeepShark

DeepShark New Member

You're new here, huh?

8. charlieriot

hes complaining about cliff deploys in SKIRMISH

9. DeepShark

DeepShark New Member

I'm complaining about the AI cliffdiving Champions. It's easily observable in Skirmish games, though they'll do it in any single player game.

Are you honestly this dense or are you just trolling?

claydude5, Strings and SPiEkY like this.
  10. charlieriot

there is no other place where they cliffdive anymore. the dailies and camps that had cliff deploys got fixed

11. DeepShark

DeepShark New Member

Sigh. I'm asking for a problem that has been in the game for years to finally be fixed.
    You're not contributing anything, please go troll in another thread.

---------------------------------------------

Devs, can you please look at fixing this?
    It's been around forever, and it's annoying.

KingJad likes this.
  12. charlieriot

the poor starving children of poxanthuru................

13. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

crazy read :p used up some popcorn.

as a hint for the devs: if your unit dies in the same turn it deploys, just deploy the next somewhere else :)

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

New players typically do not start throwing money at their computer screens. They will usually try to build a theme bg with what they can gather, and play vs the AI to get used to the game while learning the runes.
    The AI in this game is borderline senile. (Seriously though.) It is crazy how stupid, and outdated it is. Most new players will try to fight the AI to get use to the game, and its runes. The AI is so moronic that this will lead to bad habits.

The AI does not take advantage of you when you group. It does not try to knock you into chasm spaces when you position wrong. It does not use the abilities at its disposal to its full - or even semi-full- potential. It does not care if you spell spam. It does not care if you have 13 Equips in your bg, or even if your only running 1 Champion. (Solitary Garu) ECT.... Chances are your going to win.

Going into competitive Poxnora with these inherit flaws will compound the stress new players get when they try it. Playing against over efficient top of the line bgs, with their poor -probably thematic - bgs with misguided play-styles taught to them by the AI. This makes the transfer from PvE to PvP hard. In some cases with players who enjoy strategy, but -ironically- can't adapt to such a vast change in a game as complex as this.

Before we can even touch up on rune access. We have to touch up on how the basic, of basic tactics in this game are taught to us. It does not matter if we are running the most 'efficient' bg in the game if we have a bad habits, and horrid tactics.

15. Capricis

Capricis Member

It's the AI. It could be better than it is now, and should be better... Glob, I wish it were better. But I don't think 'creating a better AI' is the solution for getting people to like PvP. The AI is never going to be a good teacher for PvP. I imagine training mode is the dev's attempted solution at that.

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I don't think it is ever going to be as complex as a players decision making. It would require way too much coding, and computing time. I do however think that if it was less idiotic, and actually used its abilities, and positioning it would go over far better than it is now. Hell, Give it 600 side nora specifically for spells. If the enemy puts 4 units in an AoE. I want the AI to spell spam like no tomorrow. Knowing how to position will win you games, or lose them extremely fast.

17. Spritesgc

Spritesgc New Member

Don't forget about the AI rushing towards you with every single unit it has until it has no more unit to deploy.
    Don't forget about the AI using spells or equips to debuff its own units.
    Don't forget about the AI trying to hit your units with champs with basic attacks, even if they have 0 DMG.
    Don't forget about when you contest a font with a stealthed unit, the AI just forgets about it and go for your shrine or just keep its units standing there doing nothing.

18. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Fairly certain I didn't...
    There is just so many stuff to list that the AI does.

19. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Damn!!! I always thought that the AI was just killing its own unit because I am just too good to be beaten by it. My ego is now destroyed. Thanks a lot!!!

20. Spritesgc

Spritesgc New Member

Ow, actually I was addressing to the OP. Sorry about the misunderstanding.