Bodyguard is the defenition of BS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by claydude5, Mar 12, 2015.

1. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

It takes away the built in weakness of certain runes and allows them to go insane. It also costs 0 ap. It has stupid interactions with spells where even if a spell kills the bodyguarding rune and hits the other guarded rune, it doesn't deal damage.

It's dumb that when I ice storm a 7 hp Paingel and a 5 hp nefari guardian, the nef guardian takes 20 damage. How the hell does it bodyguard after it is dead. And yes, I did just lose from this interaction and yes I'm mad cuz I'm bad.

TL;DR Either make body guarding cost ap, or make it only stop attacks. It doesn't make sense how bodyguard stops spells.

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The only real play in body guard is on deploy bg. Just sharing HP is meh. .

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Considering your conciousness of FW, would you also be comfortable nerfing Death Guard? There are certainly people -- shout out to my man @KingJad -- who could get behind that. It's probably the strongest single tanking ability in the game right now.

4. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

If it meant hitting nef guardian and temple defender, yes. Death Guard is pretty strong for 28 nora.

5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Nefari guardian should not have 3 def and res phys 3, it just makes it too good a body guard. It should at least have 5 speed like it used to pre-revamp.

6. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I Firking hate aoe 4 ice storm. Takes up the whole map.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Being able to use bodyguard on deploy is a pretty big thing. Back when Northern Cross Militia wasn't terribad I would run him for Divine Favor + Bodyguard. Chances are you wouldn't be able to one turn him and then I just fully healed him.

Prevent bodyguard from being able to be used on deploy.

8. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

1 ap cost pls.

9. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

agree to at least 1 Ap

10. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

bodyguard should not take in account the bodyguard´s stats at the moment of receiving the damage but the bodyguarded instead, anybody with me?

11. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

its fine till you bodyguard a wardguard unit on turn 5, when even 3 champs with full ap can reach and hit the wardguard unit 5 times to destroy it

@kalasle mate i think we are talking only about nefari guardian, death guard and the draki with bodyguard are fine to me.... also the interaction of bodyguard with wardguard its silly

12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I'm the only one who will miss evasive 3 on nullbeast

13. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

If death guard is fine why isn't nefari guardian? If death guard had resistance physical I'd only cost 35 nora.

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

0 ap -> start on cd 1. I don't see problem in being 0 ap, but the possibility to being used after deploy is strong.

Yeah kalasle i'm talking about deathguard.

15. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Bodyguard only to work if the bodyguarding unit has AP? If it has no AP, how can it guard? The ability might be overcosted if it worked this way. Or you could remove the no attacks clause and replace it with the minimum 1AP to be active.

16. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Uhm last time i used it, it worked only if the boodyguarded unit was in the range, never heard about the ap thing

17. chickenpox2

He want to implement so if bodyguard champ has no ap it can't bodyguard friendly champ which is bad

18. pixniri

pixniri I need me some PIE!

It could work similar to Nohkan do: the guarding unit could lose 1 AP per attack/damage source prevented. In return the cost of Bodyguard could be lowered and the attack clause could be removed.

19. chickenpox2

I support this also stil allow to protect against spells

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

A change to the ability Bodyguard affects more than one champion. I was asking @claydude5 's opinion on how he thinks that externality should be handled. He gave a simple but clear enough answer.