I feel bad for saying it and i think other people feel the same but...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heroex7777, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Check the cactuar, she is getting chopped too. you might have been heard actually

2. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

toad runs in engages, drops a shroom

toad has poison aura 3
    poison cloud

shroom has poison cloud
    amplify poison
    causes vuln poison in 6 spaces

does a ton of damage even if toad doesn't have to attack. trying to move away makes you take more damage from cloud. Shroom does too much for 30 nora. A melee can't run in to engage or they'll die fast, multiple range can't kill a toad because of angel

Sealer0 likes this.
  3. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Everyone knows even soko, stop making the same thread over and over again.

What the hell do you think you will accomplish with this Bane Shift?
    Devs : "OH Heroex lost an other game versus FS and is venting on the forums, better deploy this patch early!"

4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Maybe if you aim the relic with your rangeds.. kidding.
    Devs already listened to you, some of the champs you complaint are on the cactuar, please next thread you make try to be as informative as the explanation you just gave me.

Nerf thread Guide:
    -The Problem (explain your encounter, also give your bg so ppl can give advice)
    -The What (the runes you are having trouble with)
    -The Why (explain the broken mechanic)
    -The How (give some numbers to convince ppl)
    -The Rage (now you can insult the universe for the existence of those runes, if you do it sooner you will get flagged as zealot)
    following this should make a viable nerf thread.

pls try it at least once, pls pretty do it for me once

5. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

^ yes.

On our culinary competition team dishes need to go out at a certain time, 75 minutes, 78, 81, 84. In our earlier practices I'd just tell them nicely that their course needs to go out in 5 minutes, 3 minutes, etc. They'd always be late because there was no pressure. Now, 7 days away from the western regional competition, I yell at them when they're behind like any other competent chef would. Food goes out, judges are happy, chef is happy, team is happy, everyone wins. My teammates don't like getting yelled, no one does. But, in the long run they know that I did what I had to do and they appreciate it because it was for the greater good.

not that im yelling at the devs or anything but usually the more threads/complaints there is about something it shows that it's a bit more urgent than the next matter

6. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Merged the two threads, as they were on the same topic and both were on the front page.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Last time I checked st meta was pretty op as well. wtf is this thread? doesn't he main st...

don't nerf poison bg, keep poison bg in mind when making changes.

In my opinion st/ud/fs all are very strong. Not sure about the state of the others. No one ive seen plays kf besides karmavore so not sure how strong kf is atm. It is probably still broken considering karmavore was top 5 with it last time I checked. No idea how good karmavore is though because ive only seen him play op af kf bgs.

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Why the frack do you care?

Even presuming Hero or anyone else isn't objective about ST with it being his main, it doesn't mean they can't have perfectly valid opinions about FS or other factions.

Seriously.

Also, don't worry so much about poison. If it needs buffs after certain runes are nerfed, it means it was crutching on those runes too much to begin with, meaning it should get buffs anyway.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

because he hasn't been saying much about st being extremely strong while complaining about other factions that are also extremely strong.

10. heroex7777

heroex7777 Lord of ST

I don't say anything about ST being strong because I don't lose to ST when I play other factions. This is because I know ST.

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

im playing against a kf player now. hes a fairly new player but the game is way harder than it should be. really annoying to see your opponent make so many mistakes yet still have a chance to win. kf is still broken as hell.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wtf did geddin do to voil. holy *#^%. please fix voil sokolov...

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

In what way are either of these statements relevant to the current discussion of FS?

Why do you seem to require that anyone making a complaint also complain about everything else instead of looking at their points and judging those points' individual merit? Especially since you're largely complaining that his opinion isn't advocating your own personal position on those largely unrelated matters.

You want to talk about ST and KF? By all means feel free to do so (ideally in your own thread), but don't dismiss other points of view or discussion of other topics out of hand.

Or for that matter try to hijack it.

Sokolov working (or not) on Voil has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I know you're getting stomped by fs but calm down. this thread is about balance that is why I made those comments. fs meta is strong but st meta, kf meta, and probably ud meta and sp meta are similarly strong.(and other stuff im forgetting, I am multitasking)

kf is still broken even though its not played much same with minotaur and their door.

don't nerf 1 factions meta while leaving others just as strong.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That's a lie i've beaten you with ST when you played SP before.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Er... I main FS. Granted, I don't play ranked on this account but... yeah...

Seriously, I just want to have a decent discussion about FS balance without it spiraling off into someone's alleged (or actual) faction zealotry if that is essentially unrelated to the topic.

Your comments were, from my perspective, to insult and disregard the OPs points on the basis that they weren't adequately (in your view) complaining about things you think might also be (too) strong. It seems far more like a blatant (and mildly successful) attempt to derail discussion on FS. Particularly since you have no actual details or arguments.

You say ST and UD are strong, but you don't put forward your thinking of WHY they are, or why they deserve as much or more attention than FS. You mention Voil in an off-hand remark, which not only has absolutely nothing to do with overall faction balance, but you don't say what, specifically Geddin may or may not have done to mess them up.

It looks to me more like a fog screen to avoid discussing FS balance in more detail. Now that's probably not actually your intent; but it's like bringing up unrelated talking points in a political debate.

Otherwise, if you want to talk about KF more, or Voil, or ST. Why not make a new or other existing thread on that subject? Or post to the Cactuar Crate if you want all topics to be covered all at once?

So, is your argument that all factions should be left alone until the required buffs/nerfs to make them all equally viable are ready? Because that is highly impractical, even if Poxnora had a large design and coding (and testing) team.

If you can identify a specific balance issue AND the proper way to fix it; then there's no reason to ignore it just because there are other balance issues as well. In fact, the factions themselves will probably never be properly balanced, and really, that's fine. I know that might be an unpopular opinion; but really, what's important is that there are always at the very least some cheap viable decks for new players to be able to use and a high enough amount of Diversity to keep the meta from getting stale, and allow fluctuation.

For example FS hasn't particularly improved that much with the Midterms. Some runes did get some nice buffs, but a lot of staples got nerfed. Toad, 'shroom, and Angel are the same or worse than then they were prior, etc.

What caused them to gain in "popularity" is more likely a waning of some other things (KF for example). And of course comments concerning BurnPyro's use of an FS meta BG, him being a relatively high profile player and forumite.

Anyway, long story short, trying to do everything at once is, to quote: "impractical and unnecessary."

Now if you'll excuse me I'll go back to my regularly scheduled playing of System Shock 2.

But before that, because otherwise this rambling would be off-topic...

On the subject of Toad: I think it's too cheap for stats as mentioned before. But I think rather than simply increasing cost, it'd probably be best to go halfway. Reduce HP by 4-6 and raise nora cost by 2-3. That would help adress people having issues on-rounding the Toad backed up by FS Angel and hit the efficiency properly at the same time.

The more I think about it, the more I think Foulest Shroom should be 40, or 35 and get rid of Amp. Poison (would prefer just 40).

I still think FS Angel is fine now, and people simply need to adjust strategies to deal with the healing/changing meta. I could be wrong, but that's how it seems to me.

And that's about all I've got to say on the points Heroex7777 brought up. And I predict I'm done with this thread, given a general lack of on-topic discussion.

heroex7777 and Leadrz like this.
  17. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

ST dude complaining about OP stuff thats paradox

18. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I'm guessing you only read the OP because you'd understand how stupid what you just said is if you read the posts in this thread.

19. heroics

heroics New Member

Cause it is mw, king of being irrelevant. Just ignore him and he usually goes away. He is the guy that constantly gives his opinion when no one cares about it.

20. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

He just mad cause he lost to me. My firk thingy pinged his nkd to death

Faust likes this.