Streaming and Videos

Discussion in 'Videos' started by kalasle, Dec 28, 2014.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've started streaming matches - and recording them for later - of Pox matches, both ones I am playing in and matches between other players. As of now, the video quality is pretty low because of my present location, but it will probably improve as break ends.

I've been streaming for at least an hour each evening over at www.twitch.tv/verumvenari .

Three hours of the previous stream have been uploaded to www.youtube.com/verumvenari and more are to follow.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The second video - at much higher visual quality - should be up about now. 720p30 rather than 360p15.

Woffleet likes this.
  3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

These are great! I love the commentary!

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Three more videos up, a couple sets of no-sound games against doubtofbuddha and chestermoz, and then a casted game between doubtofbuddha and th3mb0n3s and a wild little exo-league match. I expect great things from those chaps.

Another big 3 hour block of commented games has finished uploading, featuring games including @TeaScholar and @Ballballer . Some of the BGs are taplash, kanen, and (what I have affectionately named) Come on and Slam, an FS/SP BG using a lot of knockback.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    TeaScholar and Woffleet like this.
  5. Woffleet

thamkyou thankyou thankyou!

6. Woffleet

by the way your link is broken

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

So it is. Awesome. Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Woffleet likes this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Over the next couple of weeks, I will be streaming and uploading guild matches for our in-house 16 man tournament. It almost certainly won't be all of them, but plenty should be there.

Woffleet likes this.
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Several full sets of games are up now; 2 sets from round 2, with a third in progress, and a fully set from round 1.

I'll also be streaming Ronin at some point.

Woffleet likes this.
  10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Finished uploading about 4 hours of post-patch streaming.

Also, there might be a lot of MW24 games in the future.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Uploading a lot of one-off games playing worms against guild members. The BG's a blast. Internet has been funking, so streaming is on hiatus, but uploads should remain semi-consistent.

Woffleet likes this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Am doing a series on hitting the ranked ladder with Worms -- trying to hit limited, however faint a prospect. They're a blast though. I'll try to post-dub some more of the games I recorded mute.

TeaScholar and Woffleet like this.
  13. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Thanks for the effort.I really enjoy watching your worm videos.

Woffleet likes this.
  14. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

On "15: Tension" how come the right move is to consume Speckled Fesh? How is impenetrable bypassed?

Also, thanks for the videos. :)

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cause I'm a dummy and don't read opposing runes. The actual right move is to use Soulbane + Banner to kill him for a trigger, which is what I had originally, and then changed the annotation without checking the champ -- blind spot in my rune knowledge. Thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm going on a hiatus, not just from videos but from most of Pox as well. May upload one more video before that, but just a heads up, I'm not dead or anything.

17. VindraxIsMyHomie

VindraxIsMyHomie New Member

Thanks for the videos and commentary! Super helpful for re-learning runes after being away for a few years.

18. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

What do you use to record?

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you mean software, I use xsplit, and it works quite well. As for mic -- it's part of a Logitech headset, and sounds a better than I would have expected.

20. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

are going to make any new ones soon? your videos are the most informative, a lot of the time teascholor just jabbers away or sings, which can be entertaining but does not teach as much or tells the reasons that he does what he does, and the other streamers i even see do quite a few mistakes.