Snowblind

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by ice073, Mar 19, 2015.

1. ice073

ice073 New Member

This seems like a fairly straightforward spell--but it has seriously complicated timing issues associated with it.

Here are my "go-to" thoughts:

IS: Throw it down ASAP--tons of single target spells (RD, blink, etc.)
    FS: If you're expecting a drown or reverberating blast?
    ST: Almost never use it--can counter cloak or others, but rarely
    UD: Put it down ASAP--so instrumental vs. sacrifice/retri/faded recollection/etcetc
    SL: Never sure. Sometimes a game winner. Sometimes wasted.
    SP: Sooner rather than later. (Vertical push, mimic, ....)

Not sure if these are sound--cause it can definitely be a tempo hit early on.

What are your strategies?

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

against the older players back in the day if players watched your game and knew you were running snowblind often times it was a waste of nora to drop it immediately, they would often avoid casting their direct target spells until their was a situation where it wouldn't affect their cast or it was so late in the game it was obvious you'd have it out by then.

for example if you had two champs near each other they would cast it on one of them so that the re-target would hit the other, or in the case of a support spell do the same thing with their own champs which is even easier.

it's something that is not easily played around but since it's completely in their control it's rather easy to avoid to experienced players.

gillo and Goyo like this.
  3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

This is why I don't like it.

4. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

If you are good you can turn that into an advantage. Avoiding those early Hammer Strikes and whatever else just cause your opponent thinks that you casted Snowblind even though you never did is pretty nice.

Though it requires next level psychological warfare, skill and knowledge of your opponent. I have neither of that so I stopped running Snowblind forever ago.

(Best thing ever: Get an UD player to sacrifice their perfectly fine, unharmed champion cause they were sure a Snowblind is up. Really, it's hilarious.)

5. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Its a greatspell one way or the other

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

@Hiyashi Casting another hidden spell with a spellshallower ingame to make them think it's Snowblind, is one of my fantasies haha!

Leadrz and IMAGIRL like this.
  7. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

It have a lot of bugs .. that's why i don't use it .

8. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Snowblind is useless vs. reverb. I generally wont lay one down vs. FS

FW is up there for best faction to snowblind though you probably wont need it till mid game.

9. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Offtopic. I once used fw's spell absorb. Or w/e.
    He got to sacrifice my full hp champ.

10. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Snowblind is good against mediocore players. If everyone counted Nora, it would be useless.

Goyo likes this.
  11. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I don't agree with the second half of your statement. Counting Nora just tells you they have some leftover. It's still a coin flip whether or not they actually cast Snowblind, as they both have to reveal it and decide to use it. I save Nora all the time either to bomb a packed engagement or deter more experienced players from bunching. Neither of those situations have anything to do with casting Snowblind.