FS Patches Fallout (26th)

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Ohmin, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

U Jelly?

*cough*

In any event, patches! Things! Changes!

So a few interesting things. The most notable is that Stench no longer causes damage on entering play. Which is good! Not only does it help balance certain things (Foul Myconids mostly) but it actually makes deploying Mireoaks and the like simpler/less open to making mistakes.

The second most notable is is the Toxic Anuran* is no longer feeling lazy, and thus no longer has the common 66 nora build (would have been 65 with Immunity changes).

It's still over-efficient on stats though, so I'm not sure how I really feel about the changes. To me, if this is now "balanced" it just goes to support the notion that abilities are overpriced in a general sense in relation to stats.

Boghopper Spitter is now cheaper. With Leap 3 and Poison 2, you've got 72 Nora cost 9 DMG, 6 SPD, and 4-6 RNG (and still squishy DEF/HP). Does this make it a solid Ranged unit outside of Poison?

Hard to say. It's competing with Draksar Psion, Coral Creeper, Firk Savant, Darkmarsh Fury, and the like. Still, being able to compete is probably a good thing. I'm curious if this and Immunity cost decrease will make up for the Stench and Anuran changes in terms of helping Poison BGs.

Murkwater (of the snaptooth variety) is also fairly cheap now. Not really impressed though to be honest. Detection 3, Rend 1 for 67 isn't bad mind, but eh... Will wait and see.

Various spells were altered as well. Poor Pygmy Hippos forgot how to gore people, but most everything else was cost and corresponding CD reductions.

More importantly, Jellebriums are slightly better now. Darkweaver actually does stuff by having reasonable DMG, though I still find Shroud to be an extremely questionable upgrade since you're forced to take at least Psychic Aura 1.

Lightbringer had some interesting changes. Blind and Illuminate with Burn 1 might actually be worth considering even outside Jelly BGs, as a utility Ranged with some decent damage, even considering the Jelly Mind sandbag, at 72 Nora.

Mindbender is slightly cheaper and deals more DMG. *shrug* still not the most interesting thing around, honestly, and not that much more efficient.

Skycaller is SPD 7 again! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Generally speaking Skycaller is quite good now in my view, and I don't really miss the extra range compared to the extra SPD. Jolt 1 and Phys Resist 3 gets you 72 Nora.

Notably Reckless is cheaper, which is related to Jellebrium Mind. Not really sure if it'll see play in such BGs, but... maybe? It's still a late-game spell, that's win-more, and really if they've got a lot of stuff on Cooldown you've either been killing their dudes or they've been spell-spamming and killing all of your dudes. So Reckless is probebly still mostly a glorified global stealth detection, or tech choice for things that don't exist in the meta.

Overall, I don't think it's enough to make Jellebriums a thing still. They need more champions, support runes, and so on.

But the buffs were welcome, and came sooner than I had anticipated. If nothing else, Lightbringer and Skycaller might be toyed with in other BGs anyway.

Leadrz likes this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Jellebrium are still really, really bad.

Jellebrium Mind is a sandbag pure and simple. 8 nora for something that has no real effect on your opponent, and maybe, half-way through the game will start giving you regen 1 and teleport 1. Which costs 9 points combined.

I mean really? Really? Who thought 8 points was even remotely close to the right price point for that. Jellebriums will never even be close to good with that particular albatross hanging around their neck. Not to mention great upgrade paths like, Psychic Aura 1-3 on a ranged champ with Shround. Auras in general aren't great on ranged units, and putting it on a unit with shroud is kind of like a cruel joke.

Yeah some of the units are closer to being playable, but they still need a bit of work.

3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

On top of that Firks are in a much worse spot with the backlash change. They go from playable, to mostly not playable. Our angel is about to be grinded into the ground (there really is no reason to run it in the new build over Boghopper Shaman), narrowing our range of playable runes even further, and FW, which counters us in general,
    just got a bunch of crowd control abilities that we can do nothing about because of the fact that cleanse is pretty much absent for our faction.

An sure, Spitter is better but he still has attack - poison which = I suck against FW. Flycatcher got some upgrades, but I still don't really see it being playable. Blood of the Swamp is more playable, but it still is narrow enough to not really be worth running in your bg. The Mushroom and Toad nerfs are completely justified and I don't really have a problem with them, but as a whole this is not a good situation for us at all and I am pretty displeased. I guess I will go play other factions that actually got interesting development for a while.

4. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I give this patch a solid eeeeh out of meh.

Will only run one foulest mushroom.

Leadrz and Ohmin like this.
  5. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

From what sok mentioned this patch was sortav ehhh, it was more focused on stitched and what not, but the jellibrium buffs were just a taste test for what he has in store for the future of the whimsical poem loving aquatic jellyfish we love so much. That was just to get the snowball moving down the hill to create the unstoppable boulder. Keep hopeful!

6. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

So Angel of Nourishment lost Cleanse apparently. Was anyone running that?
    Whenever I read about any complaint about it it was how it could regenerate and also heal others. So where is the change that really makes you all spit on it now?

7. Skullferno

It lost cleanse way back Ammon when DoG took over. But at the time most angels in all factions lost most of their original SOE kit.

8. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

so why argue now after the latest patch that the Angel seemingly got nerfed again and is of less use?

9. Skullferno

Latest patched? This last patch angel wasn't touched at all. angel hasn't been touched since all angels got tweaked a bit.

10. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

Necro! So I've actually been playing Jellies to moderate success. They are a lot of fun against anything but FW meta with their 10,000 forms of anti-healing, and while certainly not top tier, they can stand up to most current bgs just fine. Has anyone else tried them?

xezno likes this.
  11. Skullferno

I have tried them, and yes they are fun, they can sometimes win if you get a great draw and a great early game.

Sad to say though, once you hit a certain rank that falls apart since rush/tank is the meta. Countless times have I been defeated just cause of rush/tank

I will try them again once a few certain themes/metas are nerfed.

Two big ones being FW and Cyclops(not all clops but a few that are really hurting. The new guy is crazy)