So thoughts on Crystals

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Beasts for life, Mar 27, 2015.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

both of those are indeed in my deck, they are my main jakei for keeping endless dev up good long lasting units.

I want to be clear though i don't think crystals are perfect, just better, with each patch if they continue to improve they will get there

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

If crystals popped up more. in maybe one other faction I would like to try some splits out using other nora gems.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  3. calisk

i'm fine with that, st/sp makes sense as they have rocks/crystals already AND they have the best nora gem with cleansing.

they also have the best elemental support next to st.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  4. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

How do you guys feel about the unstable tiger's eye? Ive been experimenting with it, and it has crazy combo potential with deafening and fascinating aura. champs get melted, and the damage from unstable ground and deafening aura apply to knockback movement as well, so howling gale does huge damage.

Downside is that champs with the unstable aura cant move without taking damage, but enemy champs should be taking way more due to fascinate and gale.

Another thing i've noticed in my skirmish games is that when you use swap ( on starseer in my case) on the crystal crawler, it acts similar to a relocate ally, making the two units occupy the same tile. Having the crawler use swap does not cause this to occur.

The last thing I want to test is how the jakei climber reacts to the crawler's crystal trail. EDIT: (climber cant climb over the trail)

My last question is: what do you guys use for detection or shatter? I dont play a lot of ST so I dont know if they have any good anti-equip spells, or if I have to use the frostfall icewisp for my shatter needs. EDIT 2: Just remembered restricting aura is a thing

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  5. calisk

the unstable can only successfully be used by crystal dragon and ice elemental, the flying crystals.

it's not really worth including, since you can just use howler and get the same results usually, i.e give three champs the deafening aura and gale them through it for decent damage a tile.

far less work and the results are about the same.