Anti-Range (Need Feedback)

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by EnigmaXIII, Mar 28, 2015.

1. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  2. Dhamun

Dhamun Member

nijs shijs

3. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Your builds have some strong parts but too much Elusive/Arrow Eater. Elusive/Arrow Eater can be countered with AOE abilities like Frost Cone or Rain of Arrows and a few other tricks. Good players will just stay away from you and hit your champs with these and spells to reduce your defense. Your anti-range idea is great, but your need more counters.

Here is a build idea with more counters and simple combinations. https://poxbase.com/deck/cj0c4@CpZcknClTc33cktckNCgBctGcpxclms6LS4@s5hsjs84SYs1Hr3Tr2qrFe22e1+eN

First, Elusive/Arrow Eater protect you from basic ranged attacks; but you still need to deal with them. Spam Fading Recollection on ranged units to remove AOE abilities. Also, deploy Mindslicer to keep ranged attacks from barraging your non-Elusive/Arrow Eater champs. Lastly, Voidraker's Void Touch will help with removing extraneous abilities on enemy champs. Second, you to close the distance between their ranged units and your melees. You have quite a few sources for this: Gravity Well, Fascinate, Pull, and Call of the Hunter. Each of these will bring you and your enemy closer together so that you can pummel them. Third, while you are close, you need powerturns to get kills. Quickening, Combo Attack Declare Target, and Invigorate are good for this. Fourth, you also mentioned healing. The Doctors are in here for this. They will kep your units going. Taint is also thrown in here. This little spell, when cast right on an Arrow Eater Champ, can win the game for you IMO. Many people do not like it; but it will heal and damage boost instantly; and when cast on, for example, your Ireguard with MA 3, he may solely win the game for you. The other runes and abilities I hope are self-explanatory.

4. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Yeah ive realized while it looks good on paper by build doesnt end up working well. Ive readjusted it a few times but it just isnt as amazing as i thought. Its to focused on countering range and doesnt do much on its own.

5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Mantid tracker and draksar forerunner just aren't very capable units, and will lose most 1v1s, and won't live long vs balanced matchups.