A Dragon State of Mind

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Bondman007, Mar 30, 2015.

?

Which buffed dragon came out the best?

1. Destroyer

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Skywing Acidcraw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Skywing Imperator

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Sunder Hellion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Prismatic Skywing

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Several dragon runes were buffed in the last patch. This is my opinion on how it worked out:

Destroyer
    [​IMG]
    Don't get me wrong...he is pure vanilla. A big ball o stats and hits like a truck but he's good at what he does. He actually is a bit scary now. Rank: ****

Skywing Acidcraw
    [​IMG]
    He "resembles" his former form...but he is still a bit lacking. He can get to the action fairly quickly with reinforce or swoop but having sunder and opp assault on the same upgrade path leaves you with having to more or less lock his role in as a harasser or a defense eater... he's ok but the neodrake is about as good. Rank: ***

Skywing Imperator
    [​IMG]
    My all-time favorite dragon. It hurts me to see how far he's fallen. One thing I will say, he is playable now at least x1. The third bomb helps keep him active most turns, but without a basic attack and the sustain he once had, he's still borderline. But, at least you won't be horse-laughed when you deploy him now. I'd say for what he has, he is still a bit overpriced, but hey, play 'em and see what you think.

Sunder Hellion
    [​IMG]
    Everything in SL has regen on base or upgrades just about except this guy. His new upgrades are cool but without the sustain that regen gives he seems very underwhelming especially when he's trying to compete with a "tank" slot vs the prismatic or vinny and territorial is just hard to pull off on a guy that can't hold his own in battle.. I 'd say leave him in the checklist for now. Not enough there especially considering the cost. If I am missing something let me know! Rank: *1/2 - **

Prismatic Skywing
    [​IMG]
    While not a particularly nasty fellow, his combo of void shield + regen 3 really gives this guy some tankage ability and sustain! He is surprisingly annoying and great at blocking the line. Overall, I think this fellow received the best upgrade sets and buff although it's nothing you are going to blow something up with.

2. Dhamun

Dhamun Member

c/p from "SL after patch"-thread

Acidcraw:
    imo they cutted too many of his starting abilities: no Scour, no Acid Amp, no Bomb. now he's a plain unit like IS Roughneck who gets a similar rework
    7s and swoop is nice but u have to be very cautious with it. for opportunistic asault he is to low on dmg and he doesnt afflict nothing else then 10/11 dmg. i like him, but they should left him Scour1 for be a bigger threat.

Prismatic:
    Void Shield/Regen does a good joob [...] . I like it to run a 2nd with Rebuke 4(!) on it, to prevent all those pigmie hippo and punish things like Alacrity.
    they did good improvement on this unit and handed over some useful tool to the Dragons at all imo

(new)Hellion:
    Deployed and placed handily against sepcific BGs, he's just awesome. Especially on few maps u ever could get a good use out of him, at the rest (maps) u better avoid any deploy.

(new)Destroyer:
    U said it all.

(new)Imperator:
    I dont have one, but i saw one of the SL-dudes running it with a Dragonclaw - costy but also surprising imo