Carouse and Brew

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Iskandak, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

I created this thread to talk about Carouse in general but have changed it.
    Currently Carouse is on the following champs:

Brewmaster
    Brubaker Brothers
    Dwarven Hooligan
    Euan Ironfist
    Highmason
    Northern Cross Militia

The following brews are available:

Blacklabel Brew:
    Equipped champion gains +4 hp, 1 rank of Tough and is Intoxicated for 3 turns. At the start of your turns, this champion becomes Intoxicated for 3 turns. If this equipment is removed from a Dwarf, they become Enraged
    3 for 6 turns.

Pale Brew: (only able via Carouse)
    Equipped Intoxicated for 3 turns. At the start of your turns, this champion becomes Intoxicated for 3 turns. If this equipment is removed from a Dwarf, they become Enraged 2 for 6 turns.

Imo carouse is too expensive for what it brings atm. Only on brewmaster I ever see people run it. It costs 10 nora to cast and 2 ap to use in game. One of both is too expensive for my taste.

Now as for the ability itself: its awesome! I love it and the potential it brings with it. And with that I want to make a suggestion for a new Brew.

"Insert name here": (lets call it High Tea, or Divine Brew (w/e))
    Equipped champion is Cleansed and is Intoxicated for 3 turns. At the start of your turns, this champion becomes Intoxicated for 3 turns. If this equipment is removed from a Dwarf, they become Enraged 3 for 6 turns.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  2. Iskandak

noone wanna comment? :(

3. xLAWx

xLAWx New Member

I think a drunk theme is awesome. I made a bg for it but it wasn't competitive. With the hooligans now its more functional though. I think maybe a cool spell that aoe's brews on units (friendly or enemy) would be cool.

4. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Brew rain, lol

Dhamun likes this.
  5. xLAWx

xLAWx New Member

brew rain! I love it.

6. Iskandak

Keg Toss doesnt equip but this sounds like the Brew Rain, you're talking about

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

The ability is costed for its potential to hand out BLB, so if you're not doing that you're overpaying.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Would it be better if BLB costed 5 nora more and Carouse costed 2+ less?

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

No, because then blb is paying for Carouse synergy. The design is restrictive. Cannot be completely fixed with cost.

10. Iskandak

What if it costs 1 ap when its just pale brew, and 2 ap with any other brew? might need to nerf pale brew a little and make black label brew have all the stats it gives dwarves now.

My problem with this is, as Sokolov said: (think of an old grumpy guy saying this) this would require completely new coding on carouse, which is a hell to do probably.

11. Iskandak

Edited and recreated.