Boghoppers

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Skullferno, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I've been playing around with themes lately trying to gauge their power level and their seriousness on buff/nerf/rework status.

Snaptooths- They aren't that bad actually. They severe problems early game if rushed, range is a little bland and lacks alt dmg, numbers are few, melees are a little bland, tank needs reworked. Overall they are pretty fun to play and I would say Rare to Exo are rank viable depending on your skill level and if you want to split them with another faction. I have suggested and it has been well received by some to rework the theme to evolve around blood instead of spirit like qualities such as phase shift. Now, don't panic! The idea is to keep phase shift on the range people and give the melee a type of role to as where blood balls/bloodied/bleed becomes a new ability that the theme evolves around. That might mean their racial is changed a little to help evolve around the new ability, to as such they heal from attacking bloody units and lose carnivore. The range would be the appliers of the bleed and the melee units to abuse the fact the target is bloody.

Your opinions on this matter would be super :D

Now onto Boghoppers my second bg I am playing atm. The recent buff to spitter has been awesome. You now have another solid range that can deal some DoT. With that, I have made a bg where almost all my champs are around 70 nora cept a few(roughly 7 out of the 17). Couple with marsh song nora gen is nice to keep you spamming bogs to keep making the opponent face them all. In my game I sent 2 boghoppers to harass side fonts with block 2 and dodge 2 making them almost invincible on a 1v1 scenario. I overcame with nora and slowly won the game. I think the new boghoppers tactics is spam and outnumber/outplay your opponent, which is fun and sometimes easy if you can get that nora advantage. I believe boghoppers with the skill can be viable through out all ranks if you know how to use them and use them effectively.
    P.S. newly redone spell Blood of the Swamp is an awesome spell now. 30 nora for a target to get beat up and you then get a global heal from half the dmg he took. That means equip to a tank and watch the heals, unless your opponent doesn't attack, but then you are negating dmg and still winning.

Opinions guys :D lots of opinions plz. I know a lot of runes still need lovin and hopefully we can get that in the future but right now what are your guys opinions on the themes. I know jellibrium need help so don't sweat that is my next target on reworking with sok, but until Salaman are "rank viable" give him a break!

Love you all and stay awesome!
    Sincerely,
    Rorschach

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'm happy with most of the Snapteeth, with the exception of Murkwater (which is boring, but I haven't used it since patch so I can't say if it's actually good or not yet), lack of in-theme Healing/water gen to have synergy with Deadeye (which I otherwise like quite a bit, actually), and Rider being saddled (pun intended) with the incredibly craptacular Rapid Attack.

Could you imagine how awesome Rider could be if U1 was Execute? 64 Nora with that Rend 1, does way more damage than RA 1 and Rend 1.

But I digress.

Boghoppers:

Blessing of the River is actually not nearly as bad as I first thought. How I read it at first, was that the healing would be removed when the duration expired. This is not actually the case. The only thing that goes away is the bonus 5 HP that already full HP 'hoppers get. It also lasts 6 Rounds, rather than 6 Turns, which means it's available immediately after the buff is gone.

It's still kinda bad though.

Here's what I'd suggest: Make the Bonus HP permanent, and (of course) still not stack. Sort of like Memento in KF. Leave the Heal-instead portion for injured 'hoppers. This would make it worth casting more than once (unlike Memento in KF).

Basically: "Give Uninjured Boghoppers +5 HP permanently (this does not stack). Injured Boghoppers heal 5." Or whatever wording is most consistent and easy to understand.

Alternatively rework it and make it no longer theme-specific. Though really I kind of shudder at how big Pirahnids could get with Regal Presence, Mirefolk buffs, Banner, Battlemaster, and Blessing, so that's a less interesting option to me.

I may or may not have thoughts on actual Champions in the future (other than Outlaw and Toad, which I've covered elsewhere).

3. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Dear Rorschach,

Nerf Boghopper.
    Please and thank you.

xoxo,
    Mak

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

He's only got 36 HP, Dodge and Block aren't that much of a problem are they?

:p

Leadrz likes this.
  5. Skullferno

Well Ohmin, the idea would not to drastically change Snaptooth, but add in a common ability to make the theme evolve around like Firk just got. Most firks weren't changed, but now the theme sortav evovles around soultap/backlash. The idea of snapteeth would to have them evolve around blood, in this case as an example: Remove the jolt 2 from Shaman and replace with bleed. This would make her way cheaper and able to get out faster, and also apply bleed. We then remove domain: water for bloodlust or a new lesser form of that to deal lots of dmg for that is his role. The idea would to make almost all the melee actually dmg dealers if that is their role, while the range still has phase shift for protection. I agree rapid attacks was a silly ability and hopefully we can get the big ol croc something cool in the future. My major concerns with snaptooths is getting more runes for them, and also their tank. He is confused and in a bad spot atm and either needs to be a tank, or a chubby war hammer type of guy.

On boghoppers I think they are in a good spot atm, the spell portion will have to be dealt with later seeing how spells atm aren't a hot topic/big deal unless they are arisen from the shoebox or nerfed their. If we ever did Blessing of the River we would duo it with Boghopper Bravado and make it a theme revampation sortav thing getting all boghopper things on point.

Right now I think bogs look good, same with snaps to an extent. I faced Makarov last night and he saw how much fun it is to face the dread boghopper.

6. Makorov

You don't know.
    You don't know the fear that grips your soul when you see the Boghopper deployed.
    You don't know the stress that pushes against your skull from the inside out as you try to rid your ravaged font from the Boghopper's savagery.
    You don't know what it's like to have two units fall to the tiny but deadly sword of the Boghopper plus his overpowered magical hippo army that appears from nowhere and then returns to nowhere.
    You don't know the Nora starvation caused simply by the Boghopper's existence.
    You don't know what it's like to survive the Boghopper's ferociousness and look back in time to witness over and over again the excruciating pain contorting the faces of your once living units.
    You don't know!

Anima26 and Skullferno like this.
  7. Makorov

Then again you're all FS players so what DO you know?!
    AHAHAHAHA!

Jk

8. Skullferno

Taking your poem and turning it into my signature. Thank you so much for that awesome thing that makes me giggle like a school girl. I love you.

Makorov and busaap like this.
  9. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

how is Finlord's Neophyte?

10. Haothehare

Haothehare The King of Potatoes

You don't know the fear of NOKAN DO... omfg block 2 dodge 2 is easier to deal with than Nokan Do.

11. Skullferno

Finlord's Neophyte is a cool rune, and I love it, but it isn't worthy of a spot atm.