Remake Treefolk in Next Patch

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by KPIC, Mar 30, 2015.

1. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

@Sokolov @Karmavore
    Can we remake Treefolk a little? It is a viable sub-theme for Devotees, but lacks as a central. Even giving a general damage boost of +2 to most champs would make it more reasonable.

2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

@Gorebucket I think I'll need you on this one man. ;)

But at the most right now it would be good to get a discussion going on the general state of Treefolk and the desired future for the weaker themes in KF.

3. KPIC

Remake of Kthun (87-95 nora)

Damage 8; Speed 5; Range 1-3; Defense 2; Hit Points 54

Base Abilities
    - Attack: Physical
    - Biogenesis 17-20 Nora (When this champion is deployed and at the end of every third turn, a Sapling with no upgrades is summoned to an adjacent space. This champ loses 3-5 HP.)
    - Earthbound
    - Gift of Ironwood
    - Take Root
    - Vulnerability Fire

First Ability Line
    - Nature's Connections (Default)
    - Nora Shield 1

Second Ability Line
    - Sermon (in honor of Treebeard)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  4. KPIC

Remake of Twisted Fireoak

Damage 8; Speed 6; Range 1-4; Defense 0; Hit Points 42

Base Abilities
    - Attack: Fire
    - Fire Aura
    - Stationary
    - Take Root
    - Teleport 2

First Ability Line
    - Dragging Attack
    - Flame Nova
    - Set Ablaze

Second Ability Line
    - Deflect Fire
    - Death Nova Fire 3

5. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Treefolk still have powerful synergy. The Surge champs are still as viable as ever. The main difference between Treefolk Now and Treefolk Then is that certain champs have been intentionally shoeboxed (or have been shoeboxed since revamp) and some of those are sorely missed, either as key components or just for variety. I've been waiting to see if the boost changes go through, because what the theme probably needs to arrive in a healthy state is some diffusing of the stat buffs combined with some tweaking of the champs with things like 6 damage, Boost, or Nora Modifiers. I'd love to go into more detail on finding the happy place between OP and unplayed, but it will have to be later. Exams...

PS: One idea though is to move away from Boost and towards Domain by eliminating the former and heavily distributing the latter. You can get a comparable boost from things like Germination Engine, Forest Front, and Overgrowth while actually paying some nora for it keeps it more balanced.

xezno and Sirius like this.
  6. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

You put boost 3, and a greenhouse next to dryad or tree ele and tree ele has 21, DMG 9, speed 4 armour regent 3 phys res 3. Soon ya. But the champs are a bit over costed and slow. Treant launcher with lumbering is poopy. Also first turn spikewood abomination is op. But other then that he sucks. But a 2-8 Nora reduction on the champs and I think they are at least tier 1.5

Cinder405 likes this.
  7. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

You see trees aren't BAD but they rely on the Boost 3 and Greenhouse boosts get higher ATK damage. Also because of this their playstyle depends on having to be close to each other which makes them vulnerable to AOE spam and Bombs.

Willowind
    I personally would like to see all Boost Treefolk upgrades on Willowind removed and give him Commander: Treefolk/Plant and Domain: Vegetation to base and to replace Boost maybe throw in these options Soften, Sunder Rank 1, Sunder Rank 2.

This change along with some nora reductions of other Treefolks will get them to not crutch on the Boost AOE. I know this could cause him to be increased Nora cost but it will make other treefolk cheaper in return I hope.

Tanglefoot
    This guy is the only tree with Equipment removal so I would like to keep it that way. The only problem is that he is slow and has very low damage. He also has very low hp making him at times not worth cost because in order to get his full potential he has to be Boosted or Greenhouse boosted. Give Logistics: Flanking to the Mountaineer, Constriciont, path. The extra damage and SPD this ability could potenially give him helps.

Treefolks Blessing
    I don't know how hard this would be to do but if we could change the spell from "If the target is a Plant, it also gains Camouflage for 6 turns." to " If the target is a Plant with 2 base defense or below the effects are gained Permanently." This prevents it from being used on Oakthumper, Oaken Defender, Dragonbark Protector, and still can't be used on Tanglefoot. (The most problematic ones I think). It's also only limited to Plant champions.

Kthun
    Remove Wandering base and add Lumbering this will cause him to increase in Nora but I think we can add Guiding Spirit to base to help with that. I just want to be able to actually use him in battle and not just sit there while mid font is getting dominated.

Gnarlwood Patriarch
    Change Upgrade path 2 to Boost Treefolk 1, Opportunistic, Bodygaurd

Let me know what your opinions are on this. Feedback is always welcome.