Discussion: Announcement & Preview Expansion 25

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

So just a general reply to this...

The thing to understand that is that most expansions are potentially "outdated" by the time they actually arrive. In particular, Ronin was a mix of runes I had designed back in 2013, and Alpha added during SOE. SOE kind of stopped doing stuff for PoxNora, and then when DOG purchased it they had a lot of non-content work to do. Meanwhile, Ronin sat there... waiting.

So back when Ronin was originally designed (it wasn't called Ronin), needs and desires were pretty different, given the time span in between then and launch of the expansion, in addition to the revamp shake up, changed the landscape quite a bit. In addition, whether it manifests well or not, most expansions have some kind of backstory running in the background which helps drive the direction of the runes, and so sometimes the rune selection is biased towards telling that story (for example, all the Fae and Elves in the Amareth arc of the story).

HH1989, drathys, Poxlife and 2 others like this.
  2. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Well. There are two campaigns bugged. (3/5) angels descend and matriach sarinda (1/3). I don't know why I play those but while I'm playing I just want to get the hell done with it. They're not fun, hard or even short enough to get me going.

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

please do not make meta runes for UD just focus as much as possible in improving themes
    also much appreciated if we get new goblin imp or spiders or split fw/ud
    for bleed bg

4. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

The OWLS need to make money; the player base needs a good experience; and new players need not to stick. For what it is worth, OWLS keeps up the good work. Do what you need to do to make this game profitable.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Really hope Fire phoenix is UD champ cause looks too cool

6. Oldmaster

Oldmaster I need me some PIE!

I wonder how news of an expansion would come across if it was mentioned to be specifically designed to expand some of the lackin themes. As an example, what if the FS runes were mostly salaman and it came with buffs to a few Salaman runes?

I think most expansions are already designed to build upon what is already there, though. I see the Firk as an example of how I would like to see expansions go for a while. Release new runes, but use them to fix themes that are lacking.
    As a side note, I was very surprised that the new expansion was already announced. I also expect split runes, but I hope that the runes help existing split themes, rather then create new subpar split themes.

Qucas and chickenpox2 like this.
  7. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Any Draksars comeing ?

Fallen Draksar gets Fw/SL split allready ?

if no then i am disapointed.

8. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I'm a KF zealot, so i hate split heroes but i like split runes just fine.

I've wanted a KF Phoenix forever because phoenix are my favorite mythical beast. Also a fire beast could easily fit into the Devotee of delim theme.

So I am going with a KF Phoenix vs a SP Thunderbird, and they are both 2x2.

The thunderbird has a lightning attack and a Swallow whole mechanic that flings a small critter off the map for a turn the one spell does. And flying obviously.

The Phoenix has fire attack, fire immunity, spell resistance, and a rebirth death effect. Upgrade path 1 damage shield fire or fire aura. Path 2 fire acolyte or Devotee.

9. Moonstone3

Moonstone3 The King of Potatoes

we would like new races, the phoenix brought up some ideas in my head, mythical race or class for example. the game is awesome as It is but it lacks some game modes in my opinion, it needs variety for us players to enjoy ourselves, getting away from our usual pvp routine, single player is good for farming but is not entertaining, in a gameplay platform like poxnora theres a lot of possibilities to take this idea of different gameplay. I did bring 1 idea of gameplay called King Pvp, which you declare one champion to be the king like in single player theres the boss with 300 hp, I did post about such idea titled King Pvp if you are interested to read.

Djangoguy likes this.
  10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Not to make things too generic, but I'd love a Phoenix and a Unicorn in KF!

11. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It seems no one has mentioned yet how well done the artwork is. Good job!

DarkJello and Sirius like this.
  12. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

That sounds like it would be complete Bane Shift to free-to-play players

13. DeepShark

DeepShark New Member

This individual is 100% accurate as to what is really needed.

drathys and Rokkushun like this.
  14. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Happy i could help.

Djangoguy likes this.
  15. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

magic bird and fire chicken. More split stuff, hope we finish up split hero combo's! Any new stitched, leoss, torts, kanen going to show up?

ManlyPaws, Qucas and Skeezick like this.
  16. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Love the artwork! Announcement of new expansions brings a little new excitement into the game, I think. This artwork is amazing and I can't wait to see what else is in store for us! I tell you what, my favorite part about this game is the artwork and the avatars.

Maybe the new expansion isn't bringing split faction runes, but maybe split theme runes instead to bring multiple themes within a faction together to make something different altogether. @Sokolov did say he was working on themes.

17. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I don't think the birds are fire and acid or fire and lightning. To me it looks more like fire and ice. Maybe this particular rune is both amp fire and amp ice. 2 for 1.

18. FromLatvia

FromLatvia The King of Potatoes

more cyclops please!!!

19. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

NO!

20. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

i thought the green bird is shooting something that looks like stitched symbols
    so i took a closer look.....
    [​IMG]
    STITCHED CONFIRMED!

Rokkushun, Tweek516, Qucas and 6 others like this.