Story of your username?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by IMAGIRL, Apr 2, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Wondered if anyone was going to ask. It's an acronym.

Wasn't content with the username I had at the time, and I couldn't think of a new one. Had a thought one day when I was in the shower- where all great thoughts come from - I remembered a saying that everyone online is a G.I.R.L. (Guy In Real Life) unless proven otherwise. So I changed my previous username to this.

You can't use symbols when making a name. So I'maG.I.R.L. was not an option, and IAMAGIRL just didn't look right. When I say my username, I always say it phonetically like (ee-muh-gurl). Some like to pronounce it like (aye-muh-raid-boi), and I don't mind. It brings up memories.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    Leadrz likes this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

where is this strange word that means the same as jarl, earl, count and graaf from?

3. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

That's how Romans used to call the Dacian aristocracy. They called themselves Pileati thanks to the distinctive fur caps they wore, pilleus roughly meaning hat in latin.

Geressen likes this.
  4. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ok.. where to start... I started to play pox in 2006/2007, thanks to my friend and I created character called: DarthVito - Darth - I was a big SW fan then and Vito, because my real name is Witek (polish name which is equivalent to Vito).. I've played few years, mostly in training ground lobby... which was fun before SOE era.
    In 2011 i made terrible mistake and was banned because of my greed and stupidity.
    I came back in late 2012 with new account called: TheVitto - I don't know what I was thinking then... maybe because it sound like DeVito - my fave actor. I have no idea now...
    But i like it now. It's weird and crazy like me... :)

and forum name - Hek - 3 letters from my last name, Wit - 3 letters from my first name

Nothing special. :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Formed some of my last name,
    Threw in some weirdness on it.
    Perfect.

Nowadays i also go by sir hagfish.
    Hence the profile picture.

Geressen likes this.
  6. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

The theme is very intricate. I like all the little ways the champs interact with each other.
    Lots of potential for new runes and improvements to feed my inner wannabe developer.
    I also lean towards taking weaker/unusual characters in games and building them up.
    There's probably an underlying fondness for their Tolkien inspired origins as well.

P.S. I now have a Treefolk deck in MTG as well and they also tend to play off each other well.
    The treefolk in Conquest of Champions don't have quite as much synergy yet, but it's increasing.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

set your volume to full blast

off topic, had to share.

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Qucas, SPiEkY and Geressen like this.
  9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You know, I've known that this was the source of your username for a while, but even before then, your name always made me think of this song.

Qucas and Boozha like this.
  10. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Makes me oddly happy.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I blame my younger brother for the username Josh753 as this used to be his account.

Jo are the first letters of his first name
    And sh are the last letters of his surname, I don't know where he got the 753 from.

Eitherway he showed me the game and we would both play on his account as I was to lazy to make one at the time.

Than he kind of quit playing and I got the account. After a while I started my first store and got to know some people ingame underneath this name.

I dislike the name and have thought about changing it about a 100 times but I never did as it would be to much of a hassle explaining and telling everyone.

Cheers,

Josh753

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Fairly certain it would not be that hard. Changed my name 2 times since starting. Pretty sure @Cydna didn't have that hard of a time. Just put a message in your Sig if you think it necessary. Oh, on an unrelated know. Slap Kv a few times for me. I want him back on Pox. Family, and his Lego fetish be dammed. I want my buddy back.

Leadrz likes this.
  13. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I got my name from the main character in Heroes of Mana.