Discussion: Announcement & Preview Expansion 25

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Apr 3, 2015.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

stitched =illuminati confirmed

Dhamun likes this.
  2. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

I agree that many changes happened. Those changes have not been for the better, in fact (to me anyways) they have been very dictator-like, as in tunnel vision. From my perspective there have been changes (for the better) to the factions YOU like and not what people would want to see. There have been too many unnecessary nerfs in one area and buffs where they are not needed.

3. adino32

adino32 Member

I think the company needs to make money. Let them make money. Players who don't understand this do not understand life. It just amazes me gamers still insist that devs make next to nothing but work insane hours so the gamer can play a game for near nothing. The phrase "It is all about the money". I mean really?

That being said; I think the biggest issue with the game is no new player retention. There is a steep, near impossible climb toward viability. There needs to be some new player league or some mechanism to get more cards into the hand of new players quicker. I think finishing campaigns should yield packs not merely gold. Or gold enough to buy a pack. You are litertally talking thousands of cards.

Just my two cents.

Poxjedi likes this.
  4. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Disagree with this statement completely.

pixniri and Sirius like this.
  5. Mckuden

Mckuden New Member

I like Poxnora in somemany ways ... its playerbase its not one of em ...
    people needs to relax and think that expansion in every game will always make babies cry ... adjust to the nerf... and just roll on ... maybe next patch will be yours ...
    in the meantime ... just report bugs... recognize the fact that employs of the co. are people too ... have fun ... and grow a pair.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

omg it's Aritcuo and Moltres

Poxlife, Valkyr, SaintKiwi and 2 others like this.
  7. Zilla

Zilla New Member

Any chance we get Linux support this expansion?

With Steam Os and Steam Machines around the curve, I don't see how it would be a bad deal.

Capitulator likes this.
  8. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

Lets hope Mega Boxes will make a return!

Djangoguy and xaznsoulx like this.
  9. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Split heroes with some kind of sibling from KF/SP.

I have spoken.

10. sxcbeast

sxcbeast New Member

To be honest I started playing this game very young, when the game was peaking. I have seen all the changes which lead to this game going down hill. I would like to see a big return in this game. To do this I believe the game need more diversity, give back multiple abilities to choose from and give the choice back to the player whether they would like to spend the Nora on upgrading the rank of there abilities or whether to leave them cheap. You have ruined so many great champions which it took so many of us so long to obtain and now they are useless...or Shoeboxed if you will. This will give the ability to people who don't have a lot of money to still be competitive with the use of power house Commons or Uncommons if they wish to fully upgraded their champions which would lead to them being 100+ Nora. I recommend taking blue prints off the old pox design and that in turn will see many more players join and the return of many old players who has since given up on the game. If worried about the game being too hard for new players make the tutorials easier to understand and run through the game more in depth. You have already sacrificed many many loyal players in the search to new players which has been to no avail. If I was in charge of getting this game back on its feet I would be contacting the active long time players about what the found so appealing to the game when they first started playing. I feel many of the competitive players only continue to play because they have poured too much money, time and effort into this game to just throw it away. If I am wrong please tell me but I believe my argument is extremely valid and should be taken into consideration.

Kindest regards from the old pox community and myself Sxcbeast.

11. abrasax

abrasax The King of Potatoes

give more runes to the new players maybe only the core set but new players need more runes.

12. adino32

adino32 Member

Yes, back in the day the choice was have a bunch of uber (fully upgraded) runes or a bunch of cheap runes. I am not sure why they went away from that but it must have been balance. In any game that is the trick. Make current players happy. Change so that old players come back. Keep the game fresh so new players come in.

I am not sure how to make the game more viable. At least I don't have specific advice. There needs to be a place for new players. I am a returning player and I had to sack nearly all my limited runes to just make two factions viable. There is no way for a new player (unless he forks over thousands of dollars) to ever get a viable deck. There has to be a venue for new players to learn and become viable quickly. Maybe an all commons league (but truly all commons) and up the rank. Offer something if you are top 5 in a league. Make campaigns worth it. Offer packs if one finishes a campaign.

As for old players... that is just communication. Email them and see what they have to say.

For current players: YOU MUST make it easier to obtain runes. If you are a guy who is close to completing a BG but needs a couple of more runes, he will fork over cash to acquire it. If however, he is so far away that it just seems impossible, he is never going to give you a cent. There are thousands of runes. A pack should be expanded. 5 commons, 4 uncommons, 1 rare, AND 1 exotic (with a 5% chance the exotic becomes a legendary). Offer specific expansion packs for sale. If makes people more willing to purchase a pack. If they have a rune they need and it is a Bonds of War, he is more likely going to purchase that pack or a few packs of that specific expansion. However, in the current method the chances of him getting that particular rune is so small you are just not going to buy it.

I see the game as better then what I left it (which is right after Sony took over). I think the recent changes have made the game mechanics better but your marketing and overall rune distribution logistics are really bad. It is like you guys have good designers but bad managers. You need both.

13. Saranea

Saranea The King of Potatoes

To me the green bird is either a ST (frost) or FW/IS splitt (lightning).
    The red one a KF/UD one?

Still hoping for more spiders for UD or even the UD/KF splitt :D
    But if you release so many new flyers ... my tree spider will be happy :)

I will also take you by your word that you improve the code and fix the bugs (the "music loss on unit kill" bug is still present, as is the memory leak) while making expansions.
    Quid pro quo.

I also agree that the pack size should be upgraded or the price going down.
    (f.e. 3 extra commen, 2 uncommen, 1 rare extra for the core and expansion sets - just because of the number of runes there are allready)

Sincerely

14. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

I am not sure what limiteds you had, but most older limiteds are worth a large sum. You should have been able to trade one decent limited for just about any combination of non-limited runes out there. So if you "had to sack nearly all" your limiteds, and all those limited equaled one I would believe it.

As for new players having to dump thousands into the game.... there are some hard to obtain runes, but for the most part there are a lot of CURE decks out there that can play right along side with the metas. There are also a lot of people out there willing to help people to obtain the runes for decks. Heck, I am pushing to finish off a completed SP collection. Someone offered up a limited Meat Pie for free for it.

As with all F2P games you can either spend your time, or your money to progress faster.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If a pack has 1 rare and 1 exotic how is exotic any rarer than rare?

IMAGIRL likes this.
  16. Saranea

Saranea The King of Potatoes

Why not 2 rare and each a 10% chance to be an Exo?

Sincerely

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Didnt really want to post on GD, but I will just leave this here and go away - again:
    Even though the expansion says "soon", is it really good timing to make a new release? I mean, just from looking at the Cactuar thread, there are a lot of things still "under consideration", and it seems it would be a smarter move to just implement those first rather than coming with a new expansion full of balance issues and new problemas coming from new interactions? For example, is KF bonus changing with the new expansion? How about ST font bonus? How about domi/posses chasm?
    Dont get me wrong, Sok, I think you are doing an excellent job (even though I feel balance is all over the place, but still), I just dont think the timing is good.

P.S: Also, this is just a big personal rant, but I dislike how Pox over the last couple of years (so its not an DOG thing, per say) is mostly about mutated farm animals (sorry SL mob squad). Ferrens, Crocodiles, Worms, Vashals, etc. etc. etc. Now we have those giant birds thingy.
    Give me a sword a shield and a bow and send me off to battle, dont make me fight birds who shoot lasers out of their eyes. I also think the art is terrible. /rantover

18. adino32

adino32 Member

yeah that might better than my suggestion. my point was that there are so many exotics.

19. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov will dual arts be the new thing? they add a lot of action to static images, i like it.

Sirius likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yes. Note that this is the first one we have done :D

HH1989, Kampel and Sirius like this.