Voils Are Pretty Bad Right Now...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Wow, Voil Jester has THAT much of a modifier to make him cost more!

2. Neil

Neil Well-Known Member

voils are fine...learn to play voil -_-

3. Elric

Doesn't that imply that something is wrong with the costing formula then?

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Been saying that for a while, lets hope something gets done about it.

5. Elric

False. If the costing formula was really on target, there should not be a need to manually modify champion costs.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

False. The synergy between abilities on a champ can be greater than the individual abilities.

Capricis, themacca and Leadrz like this.
  7. Elric

It's up to the developer to properly account for what abilities go on what champ. For instance, don't put Vaporize on a champ with Magic-Immunity...oh wait... LOL

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Boost nerfs that happened for like, every boost?

Dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

If you can't see that different abilities impact each other differently and therefor can be better or worse depending on the champ they are on, your posting privileges should be revoked.

themacca likes this.
  9. Elric

To get this thread back on track...the Voil theme needs a buff. ;)

10. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'd point out two issues w/ Voil.

(1) There's manual nora increase built into Sonic Flight. Some manual increase MIGHT be justifiable, because an entire theme w/ evasive 1 is a bit more powerful than one-off units with evasive. With only one-off units, ranged units can prioritize non-ranged units and be just as effective. In a full evasive theme, they can't. However, I think the 5ish nora manual increase is too much.

(2) A lot of the mid-range/long-range voil have a strange set of abilities on them that increase their costs pretty substantially (i.e. damage shield and sonic roar on screecher, blood frenzy and channel:damage on skyhowler and maybe magic bomb on sorcerer). I'd try to strip down/simplify the abilities on those units.

11. Elric

Good find on the additional Nora that Voil have to pay for Sonic Flight!

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's not completely unreasonable to add 5 nora to each of them if taking in consideration that your whole theme becomes flying. Perhaps it could be changed to 3 nora though.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

compared to other "flight" ability sonic flight is overcosted
    dragon flight for example cost 8 nora and give: flight 3 nora(no sentry rank2) and aerial supremacy ( 7 nora) so actually Sl flying dragon got a discount for an entire flying theme!
    artic flight is perfect: artict 2 nora, plus flyight and 2 rank of sentry (6 nora total)
    fairy flight is way too cheap (has a clause or sandbag about defenseless and hp related) but cost 1 nora!!! 1 nora for an entire flying theme!!

so how is unreasonable having it properly costed??

14. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

5 might be reasonable...but whatever flight costs and whatever abilities it provides, it should be consistent across flying themes. As far as I can tell, it's not. Whether that means other flyers should have their cost increased, or voils should have sonic flight reduced, I'm indifferent.

15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

rename sonic flight to something else and stop giving them that bullshit vulnerability: rare as hell damage type. this theme should definitely not get -5 nora across the board. We already seen the efficiency creep with draksar.

16. limone1981

so they should have Evasive 2 with that cost...and also efficency is related to the stats, voil doesn't have amazing stuff and they don't rely on such a huge synegies between them (or via spell)...there will be, efficency wise just abunch of stats with less synergies than the rest of the races

17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

nope I'd say synergy cost because flying+evasive but a -1 or -2 nora decrease to the ability would be in order instead. Evasive is really powerful!

18. Elric

AND to add insult to injury, the SP faction bonus giving SP champs a refund on your champs that die, does NOT work. Sokolov already noted it in his Cactuar Crate, but it's just terrible that so many bugs work against SP.

And they wonder how come SP is the least popular faction out of the 8???

limone1981 likes this.
  19. limone1981

Sonic flight was born to merge various ability in one (it was the first topic made by gedden about the ability creep) than all the other themed flight followed, it will be fair, and honest, to pay the right amount of nora for a champ without any exception (especially if unjustified as the Voil Jester).
    When I look at other flying champ (like the Owl rider) and what they bring to a match and than I look at the Voil i feel like robbed ( without talking about skeezs and or draksar)
    We have a nora cost for everything, every ability is properly costed, why Voil have to be an exception? (as the Sp bonus not yet fixed or the last Sp equipment still bugged).
    Seems that the devs don't care about SP at all( and I feel bad to say that but it's been 2 months since we are pointing out this issues and still no answer and a bug n an entire faction bonus is a HUGE bug not a single broken rune....)

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

1. SP bonus is still amongst the better faction bonusses.

2. Don't try and pull the popularity card in a balance thread. This argument has been stupid for years and it shows your inability to formulate decent arguments. Time and time again it's been shown that popularity doesn't equal power. The two least played factions in the game, FS and SP, have a history being amongst the strongest in the game.