BG - Hub. Amareth edition

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Just my thoughts on this. Most people have at least 1 Pox Renovator. It works well in the bg since it's both ranged and a beast. You could swap it out for a Woodland Jester, but the super squirrel has 10 less hp. With all the nora gen around Resonance makes him a solid choice. Just make sure to keep him well away from the action.

2. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I am actually running the high-roller version. I was just checking out the budget one to see the difference. Now if you have any tips for it, I am all ears! I really like the feel of it so far but I am always unsure of stuff like upgrades.

EDIT: The pox renovator just surprised me since I noticed that they have all but disappeared lately and it seems people are only trading them for other renovators.

3. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

It's Karma's design. I'm happy to say what upgrades I'd use and why on specific champs if you have questions, but it's not the build I use for Vashal.

4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

If your wondering why a LE is in budget, it's because everyone playing this game about a year ago got one for free. So it's sorta assumed everyone has one, but if you joined recently you won't.

5. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I have 2 IS and 1 ST Renovator. Sadly, no KF. I should probably trade one of the IS Renovators for a KF Renovator.

EDIT: Scratch that. I picked a couple up from PoxBox for only $2.32 each.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  6. smokyman

smokyman New Member

@ Xezno: is it fun to play? ive been thinking about putting such a BG together (loking at Karm's BG).
    are the cavaliers essential?

7. xezno

I must say I love the deck so far but I have had limited play time with it due to school. In my limited experience, I would yes, they are pretty essential. They help out the group allot with battlemaster 3 or can get scary with Battle Leader. Hunter: Unholy is one of the few hunter abilities I like because so many people play UD it really comes in handy and with Protective, he can one turn a champion almost by himself if setup correctly. Just my view but if you can't afford him, I can let you borrow mine for a little while to see how much you like him.

https://www.poxnora.com/trader/viewtrade.do?id=3726220

Just give him back at some point. I will be very busy with school for the next couple weeks so I have no need for him right now.

8. smokyman

smokyman New Member

xezno, thats alright, but i wouldnt feel comfortable!
    thank you for the offer though!
    the bg doenst make sense without it i reckon.
    the rest is all cheap and easy to get, im still on the fence about trying the theme.
    trying to learn the fairy/lexicon bg, which is pain really.

9. Grandpa69

Grandpa69 The King of Potatoes

what about the mirrorblade? he is not a beast but still a vashal :-? I dont have one now and the bg works fine . Idk , should I get him?

10. xezno

He is a good champion which annoys the hell out of you opponent. However as far as must have, its all preference as opposed to cavalier who is amazing. If you deck works fine now, then why rock the boat ;)

Also I havent played this deck in a couple weeks now so my knowledge is limited. @Karmavore what's your take on this?

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

He's not needed IMO; Vashal where a top tier theme before his release. It's just a matter of adding in some other utility with initiative; but if you're struggling with those mid font battles Vashal Ranger has reinforcement2 so there's a solid cheap option as a replacement.

12. Grandpa69

13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Couple things I noticed right away is - Overlapping roles.
    Eremite is a great 1v1 unit (obviously cause of NKD) so he's doing a good job as a offensive tank / Quillback is straight up the most annoying melee unit to face (unless you're opponent packs precession in heaps) - basically your tank roles are being filled right there. Boa is a great stand-alone unit and has some benefit of being a 2x2 frontline tank (consume really aids him with summons via snakecharmer) but all three in the same BG is a bit overkill - work with what you think is best; but I feel you could trim some of the fat in this regard. (Honestly I'd keep with Boa over another quillback - Personally I only run 1 Quillback cause he rarely drops.)

The same can be said with your defensive spell set; Bond of the Vashal (while only lasting two turns) should be enough for the mid game pushes; having the option to use protection AND reclaim is all to temping and highly un-needed. I'd say one or the other, definitely not both. (Regarding reclaim & Protection) - Personally I think reclaim is better with the Constrictor serpent synergy (lockdown/reclaim) OR alternatively the easy reclaim lock downs with CV. Protection is a great spell but dosent really work cohesively with this BG's style.

Also I just think you don't need Shimmering flower in this bg; if you're wanting to run hunters charm SF would be a good candidate for a equipment swap.

Hunter Charms is a really versatile equip; poses really good threat with a hidden champ (usually something can that can dish out suprise kills - personal favorites for this are Eremite/Vicar/Cavalier ; but in truth the equip is great on any unit - and serves as a pseudo free dis-engadge VIA; Domain Vegetation.)

Grandpa69 and ChiaoLung like this.
  14. Grandpa69

I agree with all your points but I can't find any better units to replace with. About the flower, it seems to be pretty good against stuff like NKD or super support units . And it is true the fact that I rarely use protection and I might replace it but I dont know exactly with .Anyways, I apreciate your help , ty !

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Well the beast theme is extremely diverse; you can try out a couple options in melee/range
    I'll list some of my favorite KF beasts.

Condor Fury - Huge Melee threat/heal-bot with his +25HP quest mechanic
    Enraged Grizzly - As name suggest; poke the bear get Firking slapped (imo optimal build is ENR3/PwrAtk3 for maximum face melting)
    Forest Lerper - FEAR THE LERPER - (que up Iron Maiden song - Run for the Hills) - He's an amazing melee threat with Blitz/Pounce; combine with Horn of Order power turns for maximum FEAR THE LERPER-ness.
    Ospyran Valkyrie - Great ranged unit - 8spd decent DMG potential with Power Attack (note PwrAtk 2 is probably the best second upgrade w/ Detec 2) - added utility with Ensnare.
    Pox Renovator - WHEN DID THIS BECOME AN OOS RUNE!?!?! - When he was more widely available - this champion was a staple in most beast bg's for the insane dmg potential, pretty straight forward.
    Skyshear - Another tank role; you could probably overlook this one.
    Timberwolves - great synergy within beast; but maximum efficiency for cost is when Druid/Snake charmer is out for maximum HP benefit - Great melee units with rabid/8spd/detect.
    Wilderkin - This dude is one of my favorite beast champs - Huge dmg potential/works really well with Balancing act for a 9spd evasive 3/semi melee immune unit (Resolute)

16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Kills me to leave this thread hanging; been so busy with work guys.
    Maybe I'll have a conversation with @kalasle about recording my games for ya'll ;).

*the very few games I do play heh....

Karamasov, Tweek516 and xezno like this.
  17. smokyman

smokyman New Member

No need to apologize Karm.
    More vids for mere mortals like my myself would be great :)

xezno likes this.
  18. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

What upgrades do you go with on experimental? Is the coven better than the boon?

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Boon is the superior upgrade for Experimental. Coven would only be good in a FF FW Witch BG.

20. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

:eek: