New expasion with all theses bugs Firking the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Filipe, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Filipe

Filipe The King of Potatoes

Are you guys really thinking on a new expansion?for real with shameful bugs in game?Its not soft bugs its hards unfair and a tons of bugs!!!!!!Pls fix this !@#$ before release somthing....yes for sure im mad!!!!!all match i have a player get benefit from some bug and im screwed wasting my time!

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Yet surprisingly I don't see a single thread from you reporting these bugs in the bug forums. How are bugs supposed to be fixed if you never report them or announce them?

3. Filipe

single?auhauahauhu are you sure?

4. Filipe

I sent pm to employers with all bugs what i found and they sayed:" we trying to fix it" had a month !!!!

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

and they've got a list of tons of bugs to fix, they're actually doing a pretty Firking stellar job lately of fixing bugs.

6. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Filipe will pay the bills while they fix the bugs and have no expansions to cover the costs. no biggie

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Have you ever tried your hand at coding good sir ? I have and well let me tell you it's not easy and on top of that when you mix it with a thousand different combos and bg's and cost adjustments and other bug fixes it's very very difficult. My advice give them a little time, as of late they have done a pretty decent job releasing bug fixes and balance patches.

darklord48 likes this.
  8. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Bugs are a priority for us and we are fixing as many as possible with every single patch and release. Unfortunately bugs were neglected for long periods under previous ownership so there is quite a large backlog that is going to take some real time to clear.

I would ask all players that encounter bugs in game to report them in the bug section of the forums, rather than whispering or pming a green, as this way they will definitely get looked at at some point and not forgotten.

Lushiris and Pattn199 like this.
  9. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Also, when new programmers and management take over, fixing bugs takes a huge amount of time for a game/program that's been around as long as pox. All those other programmers, all their coding styles, all the potential interactions...Pox is a bit like Frankenstein's programming/coding monster and figuring out what to change without having the rest of it fall apart takes work.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Debugging your own freshly written code is difficult.
    Debugging code you wrote months ago is worse.
    Debugging code written by many other people over the course of eight years is akin to beating prenerf ancestral avenger with SL.

Ifem21, Pattn199, JellyBerry and 2 others like this.
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

As a note, we made a step forward in diagnosing the underlying cause of the SP bonus bug when we found a reproduction of what appears to be the same problem on a new ability.

So sometimes, doing something new sheds light on an old problem.

Qucas, Pattn199, JellyBerry and 2 others like this.
  12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Awesome also new sp structs please they are awesome.

13. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I support this thread.

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

so THATS the problem. He wasn't posting in the bugs forum. all these years...

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

As someone that works in IT, I would say it wasn't the sole problem, but it does contribute. When you have reports of issues coming in through multiple channels, it makes it more difficult to track. If everyone reports issues in the same manner, then tracking the issues is much easier, allowing you more time to focus on fixing the issues instead of just tracking them.

If any of you work somewhere that has a corporate IT department, please listen to how they ask you to submit requests/issues. Most will have a ticketing software or email queue that is preferred. Phone calls are great for bringing attention to urgent issues, but otherwise submitting a ticket directly through the ticketing software is the best.