Join the Coven - A Guide for Witches

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by GraveTroll, Apr 17, 2015.

1. GraveTroll

GraveTroll Well-Known Member

Welcome one and all to the very first Witch guide!
    Throughout this thread I will judge ever single Witch runes available to our faction, and post a few groups that I believe would be very good for all levels of play.

So lets start off with the Witches racial:

Elsari Coven - Whenever an opposing champion is deployed or enters a friendly Dead Magic Zone, it becomes Cursed for 2 turns for each unit Witch you control.

As you can see, this theme revolves around units being cursed, and controlling plenty of Witches to drastically increase the duration of this affect. So the key to a Witch group is to deploy a unit with Elsari Coven early game, then deploy as many Witches as you can to increase the cursed duration. Now lets talked about the condition "cursed".

The cursed condition gives a champion -1 damage, -1 speed, and -1 defense. Now, it may not seem like a big deal on paper, but while you play the game you can see a notable difference in power of a champion. And now just imagine an enemy having this debuff for 8, 10, and even 12 turns!

Now that we discussed the passive thoroughly, we can now move on to the Witch champions! My rating scale is pretty basic: 1-5 (1 being the worst and 5 being the best).

CHAMPIONS
    Accursed Scrofula
    5/5 [auto-include]
    Suggested Upgrades - Vulnerability: Physical and Summon Skeleton 3

[​IMG]
    With the ability Surge: Cursed its pretty clear that the Scrofula is a x2 auto. Not only can he deal immense damage from a long range, he can also summon a melee Skeleton Warrior on a CD of 3. His weakness is physical damage and being engaged with opposing champions. So the Skeleton Warriors can be used to protect him in close encounters. His attack type (Psychic) is a good source of alternate damage too!

2. GraveTroll

Feel free to write down below if you would like me to continue this, because I wouldn't want to do this work if no one even wanted it. I just gave you a sample of what it will be like, and how it will be organized.

Thank you.

3. GraveTroll

4. GraveTroll

5. GraveTroll

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think it looks good, but I would like to hear reasoning behind why those are the suggested upgrades. I run my Accursed Scrofula with Lethargic and Summon Skeleton 1 for 63 nora. That way it survives longer, lethargic doesn't impact me much since it's a ranged champ, and the skeletons are often sacrificed to Ritual of Destruction on my Demonologist/Forsaken Follower.

7. GraveTroll

I'll start off by saying I don't run either of those RoD runes, so I'd prefer to have the Skeletons being as useful as they possibly can, instead of using them as sacrifices. I only take Vulnerability: Physical because if I took any of the other upgrades in that chain, Scrofula would cost over 70 nora. At the end of the day, the suggested upgrades are not the auto upgrades, so they are up to the user anyway.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That makes sense to me. I'd just put something like "I recommend Summon Skeleton 3 for the most free meat, and vulnerability physical to stay under 70 nora." I feel that helps others understand why you recommend certain upgrades.

9. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Great Initiative, for your easier upgrade on this I'd drop that pic from his stats to only his sprite, which can be acessed on Poxbase easily.
    For upgrades, I always run my witches the cheapest with rare exceptions

10. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

Nice dude, go on! :D

11. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Huh, you may really like an ability or a champ with it, but "auto" stands for "theme-enabler", and scrofula is nowhere near it.

12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

since people are taking this personally, instead of auto, go 5/5 because of it's lategame high damage due to range and surge

13. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Actually, Scrofula is enabled by the theme instead.

Leadrz likes this.