Help with Sand

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Sirius, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I need some advice on how to improve my Sand bg. I basically took a list that Sealer0 posted once and slightly modified it.
    For example, I took out Varu Dragon because he's sh*t.

[​IMG]

I just got my ass whooped by a FF ST beast bg with Juya and Azaren and it took everything I had not to rage about it. Some advice on how to deal with such a bg would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and if you're gonna suggest replacing Purge, then you need to give me some alternatives for dealing with Blizzard Cloak, Tales of Valor and Containment Unit (Containment Unit less so, I can deal with it without Purge).

The deck is supposedly good at being mobile and stealthy, but frankly those are not the things that win me the game. Sure, they're nice but it's usually about getting a Wylder/Spitter out with Mantle and maybe Taint and ramping it up. The rest tends to act as distraction.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i'll ask a mate

4. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

i am also interested in sand bgs. I have been absent mostly but I no longer know what is viable (i bet my sand bg isn't anymore)

5. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

WHERE IS SAND ELEMENTAL???

6. fattyy2k

seriously though, why is sand not seen as viable anymore? what are its strengths and weaknesses?

7. fattyy2k

Ok so can we break down the most ideal runes for the sand bg. obviously the dune walker for the mobility. imperator is expensive but i see him as one of the most powerful runes that fit the theme. the tracker is our detection rune, mantel for sand striker, hive for contesting, wilder for magic damage and stun utility, banner, what else are necessary? I want to include the lord due to damage and i like the idea of locust. but this idea of sand stealth is actually really cool and i think actually has real viability. what runes are needed and y?