Yet another reason why people suck...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SkeletonKing, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Try the lemon/honey combo on your face and around 16 cups of water a day evenly spaced.
    Read up on the Songhai Empire.
    Did he work in your house or the field?
    I admire a false sense of justification. They did it so I can do it? Real cute.
    Why is Black and Asian in quotation marks?

Good for you. The white man loves to deem himself intellectually superior.

Thought I changed? Not one bit. My next thread will be about the Songhai Empire. I will see you there.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

he lived across the street.

because calling someone 'black' or 'asian' is as accurate as calling both a russian and a dutchman 'caucasian' while broadly accurate viewed in the outdated terms of race there is such diffirence between them that these terms do not accuratly represent the vareity of cultural diffirences. in other words;

[​IMG]

3. rodar

rodar Well-Known Member

How did colonialism create today's famines?

4. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I support the stance that no matter how rare the animal, human lfie is more valuable.
    If the only way for them to survive is to kill those rhinos, GG rhinos.

However, poachers are short-sighted and selfish people that could have themselves and their communities profit more from the rhinos surviving in the long term.

The blame is not only on them, obviously; the livelihood and economic structure in many African countries was ruined by genocidal colonialists. If we with the actual cash don't care enough about those rhinos to do anything to protect them, why do we expect someone we practically just robbed to give a damn? Not to mention that we are saying "hey, those Africans suck because they kill rhinos" and conveniently forget that western introduction of invasive species, mass killing of animals and habitat destruction has caused and is causing the extinction of far more species, including cuddly ice bears.

All in all, if you care about rhinos, pay for their survival. If you don't pay up, your opinion is like telling someone whose house you set on fire that he should save the invaluable pictures on his wall before his children.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

supplying food to starving children in the horn of africa makes them survive to reproduce and create bigger famines. because giving the starving populations food does not improve local crop yields or the quality of the soil.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this kind of thinking is why germans (wich boozha is :D ) just simply decided the jews where non-human animals.

people made a movie about a guy called Schindler because he was a na zi who thought it was wrong to kill animals for simply existing.

wich I find darkly comedic.

No, a lot of those Africans are protecting the rhinos. I blame the Koreans because they believe rumours that rhino horn cures cancer. obviously not all the koreans. I doubt the north koreans have acces to the kind of money a desperate cancer sufferer would spend on rhino. also i'm pretty sure not a lot of south koreans are retards. so only a very small portion of koreans.

also yes. you should save invauluable paintings. if those romanians who stole art and then discovered they couldn't sell it and burned it had children we should burn those.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  7. Boozha

It is not about killing animals for existing, it is about killing animals or ("animals" in your example) because of necessity. Schindler didn't buy the BS about it being necessary, even if he bought the part about them being subhuman, which I sort of doubt.

Also, your lacking grasp on justice is silly. I had an angry fit when I heard of those suckers that burned works of art to hide their tracks, but if it had been about their lives ... well, sucks for the paintings. And you certainly shouldn't wish to punish someone else for their misdeeds, we might aswell burn you for that art destruction at that point.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  8. rodar

rodar Well-Known Member

Yes, but what does that have to do with colonialism? Africa was fully decolonized by the mid 70's and most people in Africa were born after that time.

9. Boozha

That's like saying "yeah, but we stopped cutting down the rainforest right there, why didn't it regrow? Stupid rainforest, not our fault." That damage would have taken far more time to heal; besides, although colonization stopped, exploitation didn't. Western money is still funding African warlords via conflict diamonds and the like.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

oh that would be because decolonisation mostly happened by all the white colonialist leadership getting the Firk out leaving a lot of people without the proper infrastructure nor any experience in politics and such.

so immagine a place entirely devoted to bringing raw materials to somewhere else. all the infrastruture devoted to mostly this. all the leadership in the hands of a select group of people. now remove the place the raw materials are going to and the group in leadership positions. chaos and economic collapse is pretty much the only thing you can guarantee at that point.

I like how during the ebola outbreak there was such fuss over so many young people dying wich isn't really suprising when those things happen in a country where like 50% of the population is below 30 years of age and only a third of the population is able to read. countriest that where created by people returning to Africa from the Americas and becoming a ruling class that opressed the local populace. it's not a white vs black thing. A PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE WORD THAT IS LATIN FOR HUMAN OR MAN homini lupus est is pretty universal.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

all i'm saying is that if we had to make a choice then we should murder all the pandas.

12. Boozha

Yes, if we had to. We don't.

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

but one day we might have to make that choice.

14. rodar

rodar Well-Known Member

What damage exactly?

Why aren't the national political leaders of those countries able to stop this? If those mines are so profitable the government should be more then capable of mining these sites themselves and use that money to increase overal security.

15. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

This thread got aggressive and all sorts of bitter pretty quick.

As to the original post: I can't see the Racism, I tried really hard as well like quinty-eye hard. All I saw was a title of a thread noted as "People" and an article that referenced "People" and "Poachers".

If you want to argue that it's Western individuals that are causing a market for Ivory then go ahead, that's a fine point to make, but try not to weep and rage while doing so at people that'd probably agree if you didn't coach the terms in "Ya'll racists white Firkers and here's why".

16. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Yeah you better cry you Belgian pig-dog, funding all that Ivory trade you.

17. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

If that is what I had meant, it would have been what I said.

If you'll notice, in my previous post, I corrected you and changed your statement of "black lives" to "human lives", because I do not see this as a racial issue.
    Even if I were to blame this on a specific group of people, it would be those in the asian markets that continue to drive demand for the rhino's body parts.
    But this isn't on one group of people, I see this as an issue all of humanity needs to address. It's a massacre on a terrifying scale and every government in the world should be scrambling to change the fortunes of the species we have done this to.

We simply CANNOT go around taking other species to the brink of extinction (and beyond). It is morally unacceptable.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

tricky for conflict diamonds however regulations have been tightened to prevent this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_diamond

19. rodar

rodar Well-Known Member

A lot of places where left because the then colonizers didn't want to fight a civil war with the local population. Should they have stayed and try and fight these bloody civil wars instead?

An economy's infrastructure doesn't dissapear overnight it has to be actively broken down. The importers of those goods would have been happy to keep importing them.

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

not something you can get from a rhino, well you can but ivory is made from teeth and tusks wich are primarily dentine (teeth stuff). not keratine wich is what the horn is made of (hair and nails stuff)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.