Yet another reason why people suck...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SkeletonKing, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I stand corrected, I thought Rhino's, similar to elephants, where poached for their horns/tusks?

Geressen likes this.
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it sorta does when the infrastructure is built to exploit the local populace. and trade with countries in a state of chaos is risky. why not switch to trade with a stable area?

3. Molosse

As an aside it can be argued, and has been concurrently, that the artificial nature of many of the African and Sub-Saharan states as a result of Colonial "Land-Grabbing" has separated and combined many different and combative tribal nationalities, tribal in this case meaning group of national as opposed to actual "Tribes".

So you have situations where the political apparatus is dictated and influenced by various groups that have little modern cultural ties, a political system established through sweat and tears over a period of several decades after having the aforementioned artificially induced state-status forced upon them and then having the support structures for said apparatus stripped away and left to fend for themselves among areas of discontenting national groups.

Suffice to say this isn't a unilateral view over Africa but it serves in some small way to highlight the issues many African states face and highlights the issues with arguments of "State" control over industries which may or may not directly benefit or harm the state.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

they are poached for their pointy bits. but ivory looks nice and rhino horn is believed to cure cancer ( it doesn't)

5. Molosse

Hey now, for all you know we just need a few more rhino's to be sure! Of course that raises the issue of "Right so White Rhino horn cures cancer now we just need to find some white rhi..... Ah. Firk."

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

nah, if rhino horns cure cancer then human hair and nails do .... wait a second....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Molosse likes this.
  7. Molosse

I call bullshit. That mans pants could NOT stay up .

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

9. rodar

rodar Well-Known Member

Vast quantities of resources don't spring up overnight somewhere else. Mayor importers of natural resources can't just turn "elsewhere" on short term (if possible at all) to acquire those goods and keep trading amid the chaos. in the long term they will search for other possibilities however.

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you don't understand. there is no one there to negotiate with except a giant group of the lowest rung of workers who all dislike you.

11. rodar

rodar Well-Known Member

On a completely unrelated note. No child will stop starving from that Rhino's death. All profits will simply go in to the hands of crime syndicates/warlords so the death of it would be utterly pointless.

Geressen and SkeletonKing like this.
  12. rodar

rodar Well-Known Member

Opportunistic leaders will always spring up rather earlier then later, some of those will want to trade.

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

yes, hence the civil wars. and war is bad for trade.

14. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Can you please explain how the OP's post was racist again?
    Your argument seems a little vague and forced and I feel like you're simply using this opportunity to attack white people.

Also, are you black?

15. Makorov

And you people should definitely start a thread about countries. This is more interesting to read than the rest of the Bane Shift on the forums

Geressen likes this.
  16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Destroyed culture, infrastructure, social structure, different social groups forced together, the economy homogenized, political uncertainity ...

And the political leaders are sometimes nonexistent (that is, in personal union with warlords), sometimes powerless against the rifts that should never have existed but did because colonialists thoughtlessly drew inappropriate lines on maps, sometimes because they are corrupt, in some cases because external. concerns are running the mines for their own profit with a license bought from some **** with no interest for his people or no economical education, leaving only a pittance in wages and licenses and lots of mining waste behind ...

SaintKiwi likes this.
  17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

he's californian. he's just cranky because of the drought.

18. Makorov

Oh damn, so am I

Hey Kiwi
    SoCal? Say SoCal

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Didn't know, your profile doesn't say.
    Hope you get rain Or something soon, love - people living below sea level in a river delta in what whitout engineering would pretty much be swamps.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

this thread..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.