All-Commons Community Test Draft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capricis, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Capricis

Capricis Member

Draft in 8 hours! Join Skype group PoxDraft!

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

a) Game is almost dead player-wise
    b) Anyone who does play nowadays doesn't want to be forced to use anything but their precious legs that they sold their IRL legs for
    c) This tournament is pretty damn flawed as far as people who causally look at it are concerned

As for myself, have exams in a month.

3. Capricis

Capricis Member

a) Subjective. A couple hundred unique players a day is pretty darn good from my perspective.

b) Well, perhaps. I haven't been around long enough to know.

c) How so? You can't play with any runes from your own collection. And it's draft: everyone has mostly the same opportunity as everyone else to pick what goes in their BG.

Exams in a month: A whole month! You aren't willing to spend a few hours to do an awesome draft? ):

Five hours! PoxDraft group on Skype!

4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

The fact it's draft is fine, the way it's been executed isn't. You didn't even known that you can't use circus decks. Sorry.

5. Capricis

Capricis Member

Yeah, I'm pretty new. That problem is resolved-ish. How else could I better have set this up?

EDIT: What would make you, personally, want to join this draft?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  6. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

I think i'll be free

I wonder how many will attend

7. Capricis

Capricis Member

8. Capricis

Capricis Member

Two of us so far. We are still hopeful to find two more!

9. Capricis

Capricis Member

And the winner is: nepyonisdead!

So this wasn't successful. Does anyone think there's any room for draft outside of the Pox client? If there's a way to get people to do it without it costing me lots of exotics and legendaries, I'd love to do it.

10. Capricis

Capricis Member

I thought drafts might come with Coalitions so I held off bugging people until it came out. Now it's here and they didn't manage to get in drafts. But I really want to see / play in a draft! So I'll ask again: Any ideas of how to have a successful draft outside of the Pox client?

11. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Get a whale to host it.

If people have the opportunity to keep the runes they draft and a whale sponsors the tourney as far as the Exo/Rare/Lim/ Leg pulls go.
    You could have people put up the rest of the draft material as entry.

With Coalitions just dropping it probably wouldn't be too hard to get a couple hundred duplicates of the new C-UC.

If you manage to find some Rare/Exo generous whales to be benefactor then you could run a Coalitions Draft that a good group of people may be interested in

And you really wouldn't need but 2-3 Exo's and 4-6 rares.

Could throw in a Wish list for entry as far as runes you think would synergize well with the Coalitions and make that the Draft Pack mats.