Bastion of Mobility

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karamasov, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

I miss the ability. and it fits so well with the KF theme. Can we have it back on a rune? An archer perhaps? ;)

2. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Bastion of Mobility is 10 nora but would be an amazing addition to the archer theme. What if there was an ability that just had the same effect but with a limited AoE or better yet for archers, granted a rank of Retreat. Call it Bust a Move - All friendly champions with in 4 spaces of this champion gain a rank of Retreat. If the champion is Class: Archer they also gain a rank of reflexes.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Bust a move would be very expensive,
    retreat for tonnes of champs is scary,

4. xezno

Retreat Rank 1 is a crappy version of Mobility so it should be cheaper than if it granted Mobility in the same area. The only ones it would kind of benefit are those that already have a rank on retreat on base and in all of KF that is Arrowsinger if Horn of K'thir is not chosen. Am I missing something?

5. Leadrz

https://poxbase.com/ability/192
    Yes "disengage for free and move 1 space for 1ap."
    it's mobility with +1 movement.

6. xezno

Mobility +1 movement would be Retreat Rank 2. Retreat Rank 1 is Mobility at the cost of 1ap with a CD of 1.

Neither one matters if you don't move away from the enemy champion. So if you move 1 space away from the enemy champion with mobility it costs 1ap to move that space, if you do it with retreat it still costs 1 ap and has a cool down. If you disengage and move 2 spaces for 1ap then you get a slight advantage but that is not until Rank 2

7. Leadrz

Unless changed retreat 2 is retreat + 2 spaces. and 3 is 3

8. xezno

I believe you are over thinking the ability or I am under thinking it ;)

9. Leadrz

View the poxbase link, read the ranks :D

10. xezno

I have and they are correct. I even just tested it out to make sure I wasnt going nuts. I am sticking with Retreat Rank 1 is a crappy form of Mobility and therefore should make this theoretical ability cost less. Give the ability a try.

11. Leadrz

i'll take a peek ingame.

xezno likes this.
  12. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yeh, xezno is correct. Also, you have seen our font bonus haven't you? And for the archer theme, l'ilims boots? IMO not needed, unless it's really cheap, cause I don't want a semi-sandbag ability on someone like archer commander or arrowsinger.

xezno likes this.
  13. Leadrz

Yup i was wrong, sorry man i dunno why i thought it was something else.
    Thought it cost 0ap or sonething (don't ask)
    I'm embarresed.

xezno likes this.
  14. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Heck, I'd love to see it back on the super squirrel. It was awesome for vashals/beasts.

xezno likes this.
  15. xezno

Archers getting rushed by melee is a real weakness of the archer theme. If an ability like this cost about 6 nora and was on a new support archer, I could see it being a huge help to the theme.

16. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

*Imagines new melee unit designed to support Archer theme*

Attack Physical
    Arrowshot (6)
    Command Charge (4) - Allows Archers to make a melee attack
    Bastion of Mobility (10) - Allows Archers to disengage for free. Helpful after making above melee attack

xezno likes this.
  17. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

We no longer have this ability but I think a very viable option for splashable mobility (besides spells like Carnivorous Vines etc.) with Fae Advocate. The effect isn't global like Bastion of Mobility but is very useful. Fae Advocate with the Grant: Mobility upgrade and Flash Bomb is very useful because it can stall with the Blinding of the Flash Bomb and provide a buffer with Bubble of Protection to your Archers so that if needed your Archers can take an extra hit here and there while reinforcements arrive. She is also a great font harasser. My intention here is not to put down your ideas but to offer a work around in the mean time.

Leadrz likes this.