League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

He was(is) better as a top laner, and he currently is severely underpowered. He is getting his kit changed next month though.

2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I remember those top lane days, but he was played mid before top. Doubt he will still be good there though.

3. Morfeas

Gonna be playing some normals on the EUW smurf today, feel free to join.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

5. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Top: Lee Sin, Rengar, and Jayce
    Jungle: Lee Sin, Maokai, and Udyr
    Mid: Zed and Ahri
    ADC: Draven, Vayne, and Ezreal
    Support: Braum, Leona, and Soraka

Your turn.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

everwhere: whatever the Firk I feel like playing

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

just play bard every role

ez game ez life

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Bard is one of those champions that make the game a 4v5 just by being in it. Every time I see a Bard on the enemy team, I'm like "oh, a minion". Not even a super minion, just a minion.

9. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Lol at all the Bard hate, hes not that bad.

10. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Fite my Lee Sin, I dar you.

[​IMG]

11. JazzMan1221

Just had a support Annie last game who refused to buy Sightstone. Her reasoning? "Why should I buy wards, wards don't help us win."

Please, just kill me now.

12. Morfeas

Bard is strong. He's been buffed pretty well. He's quite balanced when played by good players.
    People just 1) don't know what to do with him and 2) aren't good with him.

13. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

He probably just takes a ton of practice. It seems the trick is being unpredictable (true with most champs, bur it seems that is what bards kit is designed around)

14. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Riven

Broken blade, balanced champion.

15. JazzMan1221

I don't find Riven that difficult to play against tbh. Most low elo Rivens have no idea how to properly cancel animations, interweave her passive into rotations, block burst with her E, jump walls, etc. The key to playing against Riven is to basically treat it like a game of chicken: whoever moves first is the loser. At early levels, Riven's cooldowns are long enough to take advantage of, in that if you make her use abilities without need, winning trades against her will be easy. For example, if I'm Olaf vs. a Riven, I can often bait her shield simply by walking towards her or throwing a Q. If she uses her shield to keep her distance/dodge my ax, it leaves her open to a huge true damage nuke from my own E.

As pretty much any melee champion, this is what you must constantly be doing vs. Riven: making her think you're going in for some aggression, baiting her cooldowns, and out-trading her afterwards. As a ranged champion this hold true as well, but in this case it's more about keeping your distance. Riven has a lot of mobility, however what most people fail to realize is that the more abilities Riven uses to get to you, the lower her overall damage becomes. If, for example, she uses 2 of her Q procs and her E just to close the distance, all she has left is one Q proc and her W (which does meaningless damage, since no Riven ever puts more than 1 point into it early). After that, it's just her auto attacks, which can be kited now that she used all her abilities getting to you.

The only real problem I have vs. Riven is when she brings Ignite/Flash and plays extremely aggressive and rushes level 2. At that point, you're most likely going to be zoned from the minion wave until your own level 2-3. However since most top laners bring TP these days, even if you're struggling early, as long as you can avoid giving her any easy kills in those few early levels, Riven falls off hard. If she can't snowball, she's just kinda there, similar to Fiora (though it can be argued that Riven at least brings some hard cc to the table).

16. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

The paragraphs were not needed. I meant I was the one Firking people with Riven.

Basic combo: ult, q, auto, q, auto, q, auto, w, auto, e when needed, and miss ult after you kill them already for some BM.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

but I like riven..

18. JazzMan1221

Latest wonderful game of League.

Me: Sivir, you have to group with the team, we can't win fights without you. Please group up.

Sivir: No, go Firk yourself.

Me: ........why?

Sivir: *silence*

Needless to say, we lost that game; while the rest of us fought 4v5 teamfights, Sivir literally sat bot lane the entire game getting caught out, not even taking objectives, and refusing to group. End of game chat:

Me: report Sivir, other than that gg

Sivir: naw, report Shaco, he's a salty little Firker lol

Me: ..........

Luckily, Sivir actually got 4 reports while I got none. But honestly, that game was well in hand until mid game came around and Sivir refused to group without even offering a reason. This type of thing completely blows my mind because of its sheer stupidity. It's almost as if she intentionally threw a game she was winning by a long shot. *sigh*

Proof: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/48350414#matches

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

welcome to teamgames with 12 year olds

enjoy your stay

20. Morfeas

Gem I just heard by an Olaf in D1:

"Dude, how does MF die in 4v4? Kha, Ezreal and Soraka are like the best peeling champs.."