Inquisition Trouble

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Moonstone3, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Moonstone3

Moonstone3 The King of Potatoes

(UPDATE. sorry the url was broken I fixed it sorta, one rune is missing)
    so im trying to make a pally inquisition bg with magnus and 2 of the ironfist inquisitors, branding is always nice, 4 damage each attack on my guys and extra 4 if you brand a guy who is already branded.

my problem would be, putting aside the inquisition what else would I need that would benefit my bg
    https://poxbase.com/deck/cpPckLCtNcp2cpHc6ncu6CthcwychoChuc1tcd1s5Hs4Bs7=s7Hs6Ms4-SPs87rHrie1ve3i

that's the bg I picked up, I do have every paladin, angel in my management so don't worry about my budget if it helps me build a competitive paladin inquisition bg

so! let me know what I need, thank you in advance.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Paladins have been Markoth'd. I'd recommend dorfs or strux. Once the heroes are nerfed the only reason to play that marginalized theme will be because you really want to.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

To be fair next to none of my suggestions have actually taken place. The revamp was pretty ugly for Paladins due to how expensive most of their abilitie are. I made maybe 5-10 suggestions that all meshed but only 1-2 happened and we were left with a half finished product. More recently Inquisition was my suggestion but other than that have had no part of any changes. Paladins are in the unfortunate spot of being on the verge of viability so attention gets directed elsewhere. They also are being pulled in too many directions at once. We have synergy abilities like Sermon on a Dwarf but the majority of Paladins these days are Barbarians (which should be humans) and dont benefit. The result is that its better to have a Dwarf or Barbarian deck instead of a Paladin deck.

4. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Hopefully once the classes get consolidated properly Paladins will become more cohesive as a theme.

5. Moonstone3

I see, well I really do want to play this deck not because I believed it to be competitive, its just my style, I love inquisition, if you ever played ace attorney vs professor Layton then that's why lol. so I don't mind if their not good I just want to play them the best that I can.

6. Moonstone3

I could play a split of paladins, IS isn't the only one holding paladin champs, and I did consider savage tundra or sundered lands.

7. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

xLAWx likes this.
  8. Moonstone3

Why not? Sundered lands got paladins. And if not for the champions for the spells at least. Forglar swamp is also in my mind. I'm gonna go make some bgs and we will see who is crazy

9. Rapidice

I was referring to the fact that IS and SL are enemies in Poxnora's lore

10. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

But together they do make a fun judgement/death sentence bg with Mark stacking and such.

11. Rapidice

Judgement doesn't exist anymore as long as I know. Is there any champion left with it, or they all got changed to Death sentence?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Judge Torien still has it.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Speaking of Death Sentence. It could use a range. 3 or 4 sounds right.

sassquatch likes this.
  14. Moonstone3

i think it is interesting that judge torien is a paladin, because the inquisition is basically about judicial stuff. so i think he was meant to be in the inquisition deck for sure and thats why i considered a sundered lands split paladins. anywho here's the bg ive been working on its abit off, but i did try and eliminate any weaknesses using the advantages of sundered lands, only downside is no bastion with quickening would have been an awesome combo

https://poxbase.com/deck/cpPckLctNc...tbcd1s7=s7is5hs84s7Hs6Ms5tsYsPr2qr1Oe2pe3we2y

temple guards are really awesome for 3 reasons.
    1: they are cheap
    2: battle master
    3: very tanky
    so of course an auto 2 in my opinion

judge torien i dont really.. see him in there, i dont see what to do with him honestly he does have judge which is great for cleansing and dealing damage.

the marshal got a pretty good synergy with paladins because of dictate, paladins are known to heal so he can regenerate ap and gain permanet damage without any disadvanatages. plus who can say no to shrive or judgement.

the sundered lands equipments, spells and relics im still not sure of, so i only picked what i find best for any situation, with draketooth rifle for range issues.

peridot sphere because paladins are tanks so they can just hang around enemy fonts taking damage and delivering damage back, especially works with the crusader.

slum market because of assault and ignore defence which is great for paladins because they are again, tanks that anyone would want to stay away from (especially ranged)

and ferocity of kain taris is really good for paladins i believe because paladins can heal up back to health really quickly if they wanted to, i mean not for this deck but if i changed it abit for healing, especially with marshal around for boosting health.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  15. Moonstone3

you mean with the branding? that does sound like a cool strategy, i feel stupid for not seeing it clearly.

16. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

• Every instance of Mark provides its own individual condition even tho they only trigger the extra 2 damage once.
    • Every instance of inquisition provides 3 individual conditions. The inquisition explanation condition, a marked condition, and the faithless condition. These can stack over multiple turns or from multiple sources.
    • Northern cross templar has inquisition pummel and sunder. The target gets 6 conditions from 2 triggers of inquisition while closing with the target. It then takes 4 damage from Mark triggering twice from a pummel, which also leaves 2 more instances of sunder conditions and the resulting damage from the attack. Finally have torien use judgement for 80 loss of life and call it a day.... what could survive that?

Moonstone3 likes this.
  17. Moonstone3

plus theres the amethyst wing with static greetings, so it matches perfectly with that combo. im gonna switch this conversation to the split forum, thanks for the ideas tho! I feel enlightened to make this bg a competitive reality

18. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Its funny because everyone knew Paladins were Is'es crown jewel theme, and watched patch by patch as they were butchered from ability, to combo to synergy to overcosted-ness to finally just plain sucky-ness(I.E. the fact that your bg has no arch angels even considered and ironfist inquisitor is just... lol garbage is example enough).

And it all started with Markoth believing the whole "ISisOP" hype.

Now what do we have left? invigorate, warcry, and shockwave. How long till that is butchered by the exact people who play this game?

http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads/royal-geomancer-suggestions.12370/

The timer has already been started from my P.O.V.

19. Moonstone3

there is actually an update about the inquisition ability and branding having sometype of fire damage each turn i think. so inquisition is gonna be a thing for sure