Where is the player base and ranked time is a joke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpeciousMind, May 2, 2015.

1. SpeciousMind

SpeciousMind New Member

Hey old player here and been gone a long time. Don't even remember old name just remembered I love me some savage tundra. Anyway played a few games today but man is it hard getting a freakin game. How am I suppose to get any skills back when it takes 15minutes in que for ranked to get one game. I SEE YOU ALL SITTING IN THE LOBBY!!! Seriously does everyone just sit in the lobby now and chat away? Quit being lazy and play the game. Also there were only like 130 people on during a Saturday?! WAT!

Avatars for 5k gold is pure win! I might not have anything yet but I got an avatar and like 15 runes for fulfilling all that bogus tutorial crap so at least I got that going for me. Stupid 3 day rule is keeping me from getting more runes though. That thing needed to DIAF long ago

Oh and where the hell do I edit or even see my free bgs at? I have been playing this frost amp bg blind but I still got 4 wins with it, just ignore the 3 loses. I am a bit rusty.

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Can't edit the free decks yet. Maybe you will when the expansion drops in a week or two. @Moles

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

4. SpeciousMind

SpeciousMind New Member

I couldnt remember if we could edit them before but I know we at least used to be able to see them. I have nothing in my rune manager. Where do I even see what the hell is in the bg?

NVM thank you spieky

5. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

already pointed out that the ranked lobby should be blind to help not put people off from playing by trying to avoid one and other.

6. SpeciousMind

SpeciousMind New Member

People are avoiding each other? I mean rank dodging was always a thing but that was at the top. There were like 30 people in that lobby with almost no limited players and I was still waiting 15 minutes until I started saying I am sick of waiting.

7. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

I think thats a misconception, that dodging only takes place at the top of the game.

8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Majority of players do not like to que because there is always some piece of garbage running something super lame that you have to run a specific deck to counter. You dread queing when u know there is a 15 minute wait only to be matched up against some a-hole running as many incorporeal spirits stealthed by a stupid ability called insubstantiate, and then he equips them with something that makes them immune to magic damage. No player wants to que when they know theyre just gonna get smurfed by alt snipes. The more lamers I face the less I que and the more I watch. Playing against haters who run two Doom spells and two shadow shanks because they are too lazy to do math and use strategy to kill things. I stopped running drown because I think it discourages people from queing as much as facing shadowshanks or other lame crap in this game.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  9. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Yeah, this is the only game I play where they actually show everyone who's playing.

Without it I could reliably imagine thousands of players. Instead I see ~25 and it makes me not want to play. It's a vicious cycle by sheer bad design.

10. SpeciousMind

SpeciousMind New Member

LOL wow sounds like there hasnt been alot of change then. I came back solely to check out all the new changes I have been hearing about. Also I head sok is in charge now so that gave me hope. I was never a fan of corpse style but I did kind of like soks sytle long ago but maybe I just dont remember it correctly. Heck maybe they are the same. It was just OP paytowin with corpse until the cash pile stopped rolling in then new stuff would get nerfed into oblivion and the whole cycle would repeat. Is sok pulling that same crap?

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

No things are better I just dislike the way some people play this game. Instead of trying to create a fun flavorful bg full of efficient competitive runes they just run the most disgusting things they can find and make a split. Most of the time it involves things you cannot counter and lots of stealth because they are so clever with their stealthed champs. I am responding to your desire to know why people do not que and sit in the lobby.

12. SpeciousMind

SpeciousMind New Member

Ok I got a couple more games in and receive an exotic and plat token for one of the games so that made my day. Guess I should wait for expac to hit before I try and play much more though. Still had to wait like 5 minutes a game.

Give Bluefist Arctic!!! That is all

13. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

If you are unranked (which I presume you are) que times are increased dramatically because it's trying to find unranked/new players which are just not out there. Once you get a rank however (Tomorrow rank reset), you should see near on instant games in whatever league you're in until Limited/Legendary.

14. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Just as a note, one of largest projects over the next 3-4 months is going to be focusing on the rewards model and NUX, as explained by Sokolov in the Q&A.

15. SpeciousMind

SpeciousMind New Member

So far I am impressed with the rewards but that may be because I left the game because it was in piss poor shape back in the day. The biggest issue I am having right now is that I have no bgs I can do anything with because I have almost no runes. I am just running that frost amp free bg and so far it is pretty solid at this level. I will get owned once I face people with real OPnesslovin bgs. I remember we used to be able to buy a bg cheap for gold but I cant seem to find it. If I remember is was KF/UD split or something but I really just want ST runes. The guy who hyped you guys up offered to give me some but when we tried it said I have to wait three days. Seriously why the hell does that still exist? Also he said you might be getting faction specific packs. If you had that I would have already dropped some cash but I am not going buy something just to deal with the sharks.

What is NUX? DEZNUX?

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

new user experience

got em?

BurnPyro likes this.