Flavor Texts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mortal ix, May 10, 2015.

1. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Please stop with the nonsensical flavor texts. The new Kf text is not good, at all. Not everyone enjoyed slagslagslag, just saying. One of the reasons I fell in love with this game was because it took itself seriously. Im more than convinced that many new players will think the same thing. Sometimes nonsense can be fun and charming like with snogvie. Making a habit of slagslagslag-like text, however wont do you any good. Unless you want to cater to 12 year olds, I guess. Just my two cents.

Netherzen likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Generally I agree but 1-2 runes with humerous text or ailities like Attack: Mouth Lightning or a moga with class: Demi-god etc. Out of a set of like 60+ runes isnt that bad and can be funny. That is like a 3% humor ratio.

3. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Yeah, if they are the exception then I would agree, sadly there are many examples of poorly written text. Not trying to be negative, more like a concerned reminder of a well meaning member, im not trying to hide that this kind of simplistic humor doesnt works for me, but if its the exception then I wont mind it.

Netherzen likes this.
  4. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I agree.More interesting lore and info about the amazing world of pox and less crappy jokes and modern culture references and other lazy flavor texts.

Xirone and mortal ix like this.
  5. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

I actually enjoy the humorous flavor texts, as long as it doesn't become repetitive (slagslagslag) and it's not on every other runes.

EDIT: I think that currently there is a nice balance between interesting lore and humorous flavor texts.

6. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

More about the great lore would be great. When we get to know more about the avatars? And about the Heroes? I alaways wanted to know why some of them are called "Heroes", what have they done to become one? (some are fine, like Mena, Maxxarek, Grimlic, Juya, etc.)

PS: I love the humor in Snogvie text :D

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is a small thing but with Woodchuck it feels like the reference is being beaten into us. First there is the name Woodchuck, then the ability name Chuck: Wood, and then the flavor text. I guess I prefer a little more subtlety with references like that.

Here's a possible different text for the Woodchuck...
    "These simple beasts learned long ago that brute strength is better than the answer to any riddle."

Edit: I think I agree with Markoth's 3% humor ratio. :)

Last edited: May 10, 2015
    mortal ix, SPiEkY, KingJad and 2 others like this.
  8. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I wished I could create the texts.
    AA: "You shall fall upon my OPness"
    Altered Lemure: "Twerk it!"

9. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Todo

SPiEkY and soulmilk like this.
  10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Favored Nomad flavor text- What do you think this is? B.E.T?- Onto some renegade asking him to be in his picture.

11. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

What is wrong with you people!? Woodchuck is AMAZING!! I want more of this.