Aurora Banner and Elven Artisan

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by KPIC, May 15, 2015.

1. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

@Karmavore @Sokolov

The Aurora Banner has a malfunction. It only works on deploy and destroy. This means that, once it is dropped, it is useless because your opponent just needs to leave it alone. On top of that, the Banner has Immunities, which we do not want because it will not be destroyed. Can we change some things to fix this? First, I like the deploy/destroy condition, but can we remove the immunities? Also, KF needs relic recycling (you know, to keep the forest green and all); so can Artisan get reclaim. This would only bump her by 5 nora, which she will pay for by her nora gen; and it might get her some more auto-includes because of Reclaim's bonus.

2. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Overgrowth is your friend.

3. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Wrong build though

4. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Well, if they never want to kill a relic contesting a font, that would be fine by me.

Gorebucket likes this.
  5. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Am I missing something? The banner basically gives you +2 to +4 nora and 1 use of Strike on 1 or 2 creatures. Then it sits there and does nothing.

If they are destroying it, then they probably already destroyed your champ that you dropped it with, so second trigger is a bit useless.

6. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

It's a 25 nora relic with 20 hp that provides a useful short term effect, especially when used within theme. Basically drop it to contest a font (except against IS), use Aurora Lance or Lancer to move into the font (gaining the speed bonus), and then ignore the relic for a while. If your opponent attempts to retake the font they'll have to destroy the relic (which unless they're attacking from a range of 6 or greater will illuminate them) which should allow further Aurora Lance(r) shenanigans. Obviously the above is in an ideal world, but that appears to me to be the intended use. So it pretty much looks like the aurora banner was designed to be a font contester.

themacca likes this.
  7. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

The abilities on the banner and lance are cute, but they are weak.

If the banner activated every turn it would still probably not be good enough to be played.

The Lance is the same. It is cute but really isn't even very good even in the theme it is designed for.

It is particularly ugly because it is the weapon for corgi knight but it is really antisynergistic for it. The original item was called Corgi Lance and it granted Escalation that capped at +5 and another ability i cant recall off hand. So it was watered down quite a bit at some point.