Northern Cross Raider

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Markoth, May 19, 2015.

?

What do you think?

1. Awesome

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Sucks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cool but needs work.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Northern Cross Raider

[​IMG]

Flavor Text: The alliances forged by Isran during her time in Maljara greatly improved the Inquisition's seafaring capabilities. It wasn't long before they began to spread their message along the coastlines of Poxanthru.

Size: Small
    Race: Barbarian
    Class: Paladin, Rogue
    Rarity: Common

Stats:
    Cost: 68 | HP: 50 | Def: 2 | Spd: 6 | Rng: 1 | Dam: 12

Abilities:
    Attack: Gun -> Attack: Physical
    Amphibious
    Ironfist Exploit - When this champion makes a successful basic attack against a target with Stunned, Fatigued or Branded, it gains 1 AP and has +2 DMG for the attack.
    Mercenary -> Weighty (I hate the name >.>)

Upgrade Tree 1:
    Banditry (Default)
    Pillage (-3 Nora)

Upgrade Tree 2:
    Grappling Hook (Default) (Think Nautilus from LoL)
    Clamp (+1 Nora)

Edit Log:
    Image added.
    HP to 50 from 48
    Range to 1 from 2 - 4
    Damage to 12 from 10
    Mercenary -> Weighty (The Anchor just makes sense)
    U2 changed to Grappling Hook (Default), Clamp

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Vengeful and Warmonger feel out of place. Exploit, medium range, and Amphibious work well together to solidify the agent/raider feel, as does the first upgrade line. Paladin feels incredibly off as a class though, and while you do say this is meant to fill that role, it doesn't take. This feels a lot more like a Dwarf-Rogue. Additionally, the Northern Cross seems to gain more of their power from their religious positions, so a gun also appears inconsistent -- that's one of the things that makes this come across as a dwarf, along with the high defense.

I'd suggest reducing the defense to 1, changing the attack to : Crossbow, and changing U2 to something like Mobility/Stab. I still don't think the unit should be a Paladin with that template, though. Paladin feels completely at odds with Mercenary and U1 without serious justification; you need to know what and how you are going to make that work if you want it there.

3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Just say it...this is a pirate. Ironfist exploit is a keeper tho...Anything with mercenary is just hard to justify, give it that UD drawback from ronin ability

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Alright so lets fix this thing.

Changes:
    Image added.
    HP to 50 from 48
    Range to 1 from 2 - 4
    Damage to 12 from 10
    Mercenary -> Weighty (The Anchor just makes sense)
    U2 changed to Grappling Hook (Default), Clamp

I would like to find or create an ability that would tie the champ to the Inquisition them without him being a Paladin. Perhaps some sort of interaction with Branded.

5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I like it Mr. beardy.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

7. Thbigchief

- Weighty yeah...could give him a peg leg! But in all seriousness I like the grappling hook , clamp upgrade line but I'm not sure he is worrysome enough to warrant the enemy fearing the pull or clamp happening.

- And as much as im not a fan of too much internal synergy he might need a built in means of triggering exploit. Perhaps punish or sapping strike/armor...otherwise exploits while cool amount to just a wonky multi attack with a minor damage buff.

- Sapping strike also solves a problem of this guy being melee without a lot of gap closing or damage mitigation etc. it's a ranged attack that could mimic a pistol on his belt.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

it looks to me like it should probably be a 1-3 instead of 2-4

9. Thbigchief

- he changed it from 2-4 to 1 range

10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

oh Bane Shift i read that wrong lol