What are your expectations for the upcoming patch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, May 21, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

My expectations are terrible.
    Player driven patch, when non designers say "my goal with the patch" or "I did this in order to improve X" is really, really frightening.
    Id be worried if we werent sailing in the wrong direction for a while now.

2. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Dunno about what to do with it, just leave it a brew usable with carouse. Currently It gives fury, intoxicated and Cleanses. As is nobody will use it on aything but a dwarf (and very maybe a brute, preferable a combo). I wanted a brew with Cleanse, but they added fury on it as well, which is currently a problem.

3. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'd remove fury and reduce the cost of the equip to 25, cd1 on carouse, no change to the cost of maiden. The brew already gives plus 2 damage plus 4 when removed.

Sonic greeting should stay. The ability is undercosted. The ability cost should increase for all champs that have it.

4. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

All I am hoping for is a reverse of the new costing formula.

5. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

that what I am saying but no one understand me

6. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

DK: Could just put his HP back to 58 base. I think that was plenty. Defense thingy I disagree with.
    PoV: I think his vulnerability is fine considering he has Easy Target. If you want to increase his nora cost I would rather add something to him rather than just increasing the cost, something that makes sense for a dwarven tanky priest, e.g. illuminate, which would increase his cost by 6 nora, makes sense for the theme and might make him a bit more useful than just a passive divine favour heal bomb.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Removed some posts for CoC 1, Lets keep the thread on the original post, and not bash each other.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I would think (hope) that the changes will be cleaner than introductions of hard-caps and awkward manual cost modifiers.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's 3 defense 58 hp for an 81 nora champ.

Those are tank stats. Warcry is one of those abilities that wins games. It shouldn't be on tanks. Same reason why Skeezick General got a cost increase, Firker was way too tanky for what he did.

10. kiblack

kiblack Member

DK needs a significant cost increase.
    Warogg and Nefari guardian on the other hand, do not.

I think they should lose resist physical 3 for rank two and stay the same cost.

11. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

hunchback needs a tap on def and hp. what you are proposing looks to be a buff which makes me question some other stuff on the list o_O

12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

How is increasing the cost of Sapping Armor and removing an upgrade a buff?

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

14. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

Tbh I'm not sure why the DK is so cheap nowadays, I remember running him at around 100 nora with the only significant changes being 7 speed, 14 damage and 58 HP vs 6 12 64 respectively, and that was without divine favour as well. I don't agree with making him significantly squishier for semantic reasons (he is the Dwarven King), but I do think he should be significantly more expensive than he currently is for both balance reasons and again semantic reasons (he is the Dwarven King).

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

To be fair a lot of champs fall under this category nowadays. I dont expect it to change anytime soon.

16. chris0024

he said remove stun and replace with something that fits. That's insinuating something that goes along with his kit and is of use to him. Get out of here with your garbage son

17. chris0024

and as far as the cost change to sapping armor, i didnt see that so I attacked u unnecessarily. I apologize good sir :oops:
    hmmm, it didnt quote burn. w/e doesn't matter. burn you're a nub!!

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

:rolleyes:

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. chris0024

logic ;)

20. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Giving sonething that fits raises the synergy bar and probably will make him even more effective. Take stun and give it enlightened or that ability that grants AP when stuff loses it... Yeah, try to convince me it was a nerf... Even drudgery(lol) would end up as a buff comparing to stun on his kit.