Is Shatter useless now?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by MakarovJAC, May 21, 2015.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Everybody knows that DES is pretty much the got-to guy whenever you need some cheap Detection, and when you would like to have another way to deal with equipments on Shielded guys.

And you can have 1 champion, and one equipment removal for the price of one moving around like the sneaky annoying ******* that he is until it's time to annoy your opponent even more.

So, here's the question, are these spells we used for so long useless now? I have to admit, whenever I get the chance to get in some removal champions in my BGs, Demolish and Shatter are the first to make room for other stuff.

And as I found with my UD Stealth BG, Shatter is not even necessary these days. So, what do you think?

2. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

I can play without detect in my fire BG, but not without Shatter and Demolish.

3. saromon50

saromon50 I need me some PIE!

I find I have a hard time having my DES in the right place at the right time to get rid of that key piece of equipment. Having a spot shatter is very useful still.

Fentum likes this.
  4. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

He a great champ because he bring some many things to the table but spot on shatter is most of the time not useless but not need it
    i rather another dmg spell or a demon shield in my bg then shatter or demolish

5. saromon50

I can accept that :)

6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

This. I run both DES and Shatter. DES wins me many games by various means and is my cheapest champ. Even without using pilfer.

Shatter is required always.

I see pilfer as a bonus on a cheap, effective champ.

7. Fentum

Slightly off topic but to address a similar point...

My latest BG has neither sac nor retri.

First time in eight years.

8. saromon50

This is.... This feels.... wrong

Fentum likes this.
  9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i don't run either DES or shatter
just run needleclaw or librarian
except for minotaur

Fentum likes this.
  10. Fentum

I just can't get value out of librarian. I notice that he has become more of a ranged champ, which might make the difference. The scout just messes opponent's heads so often that I love him. Almost as much as my old pair of Pincushions. Burt and Ernie.