Kneejerk the patch

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by BurnPyro, May 21, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Akakios - still garbage
    broodqueen: hot
    Pope: decent again
    scythbill: uh k
    arachnic nerfed
    vidrax nerfed
    general - skeezick still bad and nerfed
    skithmaw hunter - same
    valdac - regen for its full cost, k
    vindrax - Bane Shift
    herder - better, but lets keep the sand sandbag for reals
    hunchback - meh costy as Firk for 78

rest doesn't matter, nerfs

overal, poor patch for SL. Skeezick are even more trash than before. Myx still garbage. Sand isn't a thing. Dragons, who were good, got better. Beasts might be a thing now.

michael pietrzak likes this.
  2. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

What was the nerf to Vindrax?

3. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Muh skeezicks. The general nerf was not needed, but he can still be a tank, along with my new found love of half-skeezick.

Also, warmage got a cost reduction, so more non-physical damage in the BG for cheap.

4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

you forgot to mention they firking ruined the "Thunder" equip.

5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Vindrax survives the res: phys cost bump! (yes, I think 98 nora Vindrax is playable.) It's amazing how many changes it can whitstand. It's cuz his design and abilities are in one of the sweet spots of Pox.

I like any change on Thunder that gives knockback for cheaper than before. I wanted access to knockback and I didn't care about the nora abilities anyway. That being said, I'm still not sure it's good outside Tortuns.

Love the Broodqueen change and I think Morph still has her uses as well; both because Haste too OP and because that upgrade line offers some of the most generally useful abilities in Pox.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

+4 nora on phys resist

7. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Agree with the general assessment.

Only thing to add atm is that all of the split hero equips are now worse for SL than they were, and that takes some doing.

Kampel likes this.
  8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

hot garbage/10

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sl went from 'all our stuff is great and viable, except maybe beasts' to 'everything but dragons and maybe draksar is kinda meh'

Like, hunchback for 78 nora is just garbage. It's a pure tank.

10. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Mutate on pope.. so.. hmm.. it still has a regen upgrade path..

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Pretty sure Kanen is the best SL deck now

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

i don't speak split

Anima26, Goyo and ormen like this.
  13. ormen

ormen The King of Potatoes

There's another faction page for you called not this one.
    The meta for Draksar is Channeled violence and early Battle master, Blackscale(give Violent) is amazing. 75 nora in order to give battle master to Rocketeer and Psion. Draksar Lord is 2x2 version of Blackscale but spreads Battle master better. High priest can no longer disengage and attack from 0 ap but he doesnt move much so whatever, Flamestrike allows him to melee attack and maintain sermon aka more damage. Broodqueen is new morph, it does everything cheaper(remove Violent). Book burner seems very usable, ignorance is strong if they deploy a wizard or priest, cast channeled violence then book burn. Have not used berserker but seems like it could bring the pain especially with invigorate. I believe Basilisk is strong with Blackscale, if you have Draksar Lord out don't play it. Draksar Hunter still strong, drudgery will stop 7 speed champs from getting 2 attacks, synergizes with channeled violence's enrage. Draksar chameleon is 66 nora shatter bot and can tie up and kill lone range. Marine is great. Valdac strong play if they have cc on champs, can tank flame siphons. temple guard still good. Flagellum or judge is up to you but you really dont need 2 punish, flagellum is cheaper and with have damage quicker, judge has burst in judgement aswell as scaling up with violent, its up to you. serpenter ardent never dies vs physical, counters voithsair iregaurd from UD just saying. Psion rocketeer are meta range since sermon and channeled violence. I hate raven speaker but there is no harder counters to summons. Skywing Eminent can put out some crazy damage from range, can replace rocketeers. Wyrmpriest will be
    great as soon as they seperate right and ritual cooldowns.

I dont use mutate:
    Draksar Marauder seems viable with x2 channeled violence if you run mutate on high priest have not tried it.
    Homicidal thug's role is glorious unicorn meat.Psychic amped is amazing. When they switch to Mutate tough 2 and give it Violent he will be very beefy with 72/75/78(+Violent) nora cost depending on Scour preference. He will charge up fast with high priests mutate. It will be the best SL rune so lets stay on the edge of out seats.

DoGz make it so.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  14. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Until the mutations are changed/improved mutants aren't and will not be viable. If you want to see why with numbers and such i did up a post on this forum a while back.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

because cd3 for a stat and some charges on champs that can't do much with them isn't awesome?

Mutate is only what, 10 nora? Easy

16. ormen

17. ormen

the day sl gets cull is the day we take over

18. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I thought Gunner and Rocketeer had Attack: Gun, i am sad. Only Legionnaire and Skywing Patrol do, and the latter is hell no.

EDIT: Call it Draksar "Gunner", has a gun in his hand, gives it Attack: Spear? Why not Attack: Harpoon? Looks more like a harpoon gun. Shouldnt Draksar Archer have Attack: Arrow orr in Mangleshells case, Attack: Bullet. :p

Can Gunner or Rocketeer ever get Attack: Gun? @Sokolov

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015