Miner math- nerf or buff?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Anotherblackman, May 22, 2015.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

48 nora- genned 9 nora per turn 6 rounds to pay off

pros- lots of nora

cons- huge tempo hit, useless champion

37 nora-gens 6 nora

pros-makes nora 6 per turn 7 rounds to pay off

makes mines to get around if left in-game long enough/ tended to each turn

no longer a tempo hit

cons-scorched dorf is still cheaper than her

slow even with lethargic

you be the judge yo.

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Feels like you'd have to run 2x of these or 1 and 1 excavator for the mines to be useful. Miner on its own cant really get the second mine far enuf away after first deploy to be helpful without running another or excavator imo

3. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Something has to be done about mines, Excavator was suppossed to be a unit that grants mobility to your BG. However, Excavator was a cheap font harraser that needed a tone down. So, what was the solution? Make mines summoned, so they can't contest? NO, they nerfed the AP cost of Build Mine and excavator mobility whitout any compensation (Mason is the n-th power of crap as an upgrade).

Build Mine now is 2 AP, 2 CD, and the ability is on 2 champs of speed 4 and 5. You can solve this problem in 2 ways:
    > Build Mine remains with the same AP and CD, but make mines work the same turn they are built.
    > Build Mine gets either a AP reduction to 0 or 1, and probably a CD reduction to 1 turn. The speed of the champs is so low that either with 0 AP they won't be spamming mines every turn.

Thank you

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Um. It's 2x auto. You can build 37 with Nora miner3.

5. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

it takes 1 turn longer to pay for itself.

Just ain't a tempo hit.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have been playing with 1 and want to find a way to fit a second. On bigger maps you can set up a mini mine network to get to mid fonts faster or defend you side fons.

7. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Mines bro. It's all about the mines. I bet mines get removed as they will be considered OP soon enough. As soon as people figure out how good they are.

8. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

buff for sure

9. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

I'm going with buff, esp. now she can do something outside of sitting there genning nora. I think she'll be QQ'd as OP before long.