Discussion: Patch Notes: May 21st, 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 21, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Fala bro!
    I don't really want to go through the patch for other changes because as soon as I saw that Nefari Guardian got Unstoppable, I lost hope.

2. sidmouth

sidmouth The King of Potatoes

Haven't had time to absorb all of this but I'm so glad warcry got nerfed. Sceian was inevitably a deck gimmick with harpoon or another fotm and king was a nightmare because IS can make him so hard to kill. A great change that's like 8 years later than it should be. But still, great.

3. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

If you were going for being all balanced and reasonable, you could be all like 'this is an underwhelming patch, these are the things I think could be better, perhaps in this way, though on the plus side I liked these things'.

You could of course also take the 'fffffffing devs are useless, don't have a clue, this game is being murdered by incompetents!!!!' approach.

Whatever floats your boat, but there is a difference in the effect it has on the game.

mortal ix and ChiaoLung like this.
  4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I prefer the 'opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one and most of them stink'

5. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I noticed several tweeks to various leoss/torts/etc champs. this wasn't supposed to be the big split theme rework patch was it?? and for the record I hate the change to the mosharn which was absurdly unhelpful although the magnate now is runnable which I like.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

No, just part of the general champ review for modifiers.

7. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Come on now guys no need to gang up on Pede just because you disagree with what he is saying. Everybody is entitled to their opinion - he was hoping to see more changes for his favoured faction than they received, no need to flame the guy!

With regard to the "number" of changes ST received - I did not want to change TOO many champs for each faction because that is dangerous for balance, so I kept myself to a limit per faction. I will say some factions received more attention than others, which means that in all likelyhood the factions that didn't get much attention this time will likely receive more attention next time.

It is impossible to solve all themes and all factions issues with one patch so expect to see help for other struggling themes that missed out here in the future patches.

mortal ix likes this.
  8. Moles

Mosharn's equip is what made him before because the equip was absurdly over efficient, but if you use the equip on him now, he can still be very strong and the equip actually opens him up to take Cleave too

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Keep in mind also that the set of changes Moles and Wraith did is combined with changes I made or changes that needed to be made for other reasons.

For example, stuff like Phase Spider and Defiler Knight were made partially because of the Incorporeal change.

Bottom line, we don't set out to specifically buff/nerf specific factions more than others. There is enough for us to worry about without doing something absurd like that.

10. sassquatch

This equip doesn't enhance mosharn in any way.... the old version enabled him via multi atk to compensate for 6 speed. Why pay more for an ability for an expensive champ (due to tough being over priced some... God I hate agreeing with mw24) that you can get for free via upgrades. The whole layout of skills is sandbaggy but only in that the layout of what is where is bad but not what is available. The stat changes are nice but over burdening the cost, shield throw is throw back flavorful but not a viable option. His lay out should be more like this:

Base: atk physical, pride, shield throw
    Up 1: tough 1, 2 hold the line
    Up 2: decapitating blow, sentinel, cleave
    Stats: range 1-3, reduce other stats to compensate

Sentinel will never be viable with such a small range and the fact that he is a tank and the prime target now. Anyway your changes solved nothing beyond driving up his cost and making hold the line splashable for range enhancing.

11. Moles

give him a try with the equip and cleave and I think you'll be in for a pleasant surprise :p

I think the equip will also be good on other Leoss too.

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

1. Its not a shotgun, its a gun and it could be magical why not, peridot is a ball and is magical so that way of flavoring of yours i do not like. Flavour < fun.

2. Exactly as Razzoriel sayd, SL has the following champs with Guns:
    • Broodguardian, has a gun but "attack physical"
    • Draksar Gunner, has a gun but "attack spear" (flavour for the hit animation)
    • Draksar Legionnaire has attack gun.
    • Draksar Rocketeer, has a gun and "attack cannon" (flavour for the hit animation i guess..)
    • Judge Torien, has a gun but "attack fire" (flavour, if changed it would be a nerf)
    • Renovator has attack gun.
    • Cannoneer has "attack cannon" (flavour)
    • Skywing Patrol has attack gun.
    So out of 8 gunners we have in the faction only 3 have attack gun and one is a renovator............
    you could fix this with Goyo idea by macking a class "gunner" and fixing the equip

3. Fare enough, i have no call on design desitions and game direction but this mechanics that hurt you if used wrong are what makes this kind of game interesting and separate good players from new ones, this kind of mechanic inject "ability" to the meta not powercreeps like its been for years

4. i guess, but you should know that if the rune turned out crappy like this one it would take a slot in the next buffpatch that could have been directed to other rune in need, so its a bad thing.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Bullying was never the intention, trying to enlighten you in on what actually goes on "behind the scenes" is better wording...I'm not trying to single you out, and I respect the fact that you're set in your opinion.
    And....Of course I'm happy to point out some discrepancies in your posts, I don't like being labelled as things that I'm not, or the council for that matter. At one point we where running the show, sure. But
    Sokolov is doing all the front-line work for balance changes, the only thing we've done towards balance is give opinions on content coming out (excluding major patch work) everything we've said has been
    taken with a grain of salt. At the end of the day it's Sokolov's decision regarding balance.

I just feel you need to town it down when you make accusations, you can be pissed off all you want. I'll never stop you there, but I'll always try and correct you.
    Also, I'm sorry you didn't feel this patch was a good one for ST. But Pox-Nora is moving in a very positive direction, and with a lot of the bulk ability changes that have happened, you can't disregard the progress... Well I guess you can, but whatever.. That's up to you, Pede.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  14. sassquatch

It's not worth the investment and with his cost hike and design flaws hes far too inferior to Hraken to be a viable option. I'm still gonna give the equip a whirl but most likely it's to drop it on the druid or magnate for the extra range and defensive strike or for survivability on a side font skirmish.

Edit: even then keen eye is far superior

15. Moles

Well, i think you're missing a trick, i've enjoyed using a lot of mosharn over the years

16. sassquatch

I agree with you about enjoying mosharn. I prefer him on principle and in the original release of the maljaran expansions he kept me in the top 20 using a pure leoss bg. He is only a shadow of his former glory tho and I miss his old dynamics.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This just shows what an absolute piece of Bane Shift you have become. Pathetic.