2 Packs and not 1 KF rune

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StormChasee, May 24, 2015.

1. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

So far I've purchase 2 packs (1 core & 1 extended) and I didn't get 1 KF rune. By random chance I should have received 2. I did get an assortment of interesting other runes.

As it is it's hard to get enough of one faction of runes to get your own battle group so they can get experience.

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Any theme you're aiming to get runes for in particular? Randomization of 1000+ runes over 8 factions is silly I agree.

3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

We need to have 2 things:
    -More Packs distribution: create more packs, making 5 or 6 expansions per pack will be enougth, and very usefull, since we buy an Extended Pack and have 1000+ runes chances to win.
    -Faction Packs: make the packs comingo in 2 styles, one with an all arround sorted from all factions; the other from an single specfic faction (that the player choose) will also help a lot.

4. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

They will never learn.

5. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

On a different note, don't buy core set, you get them for free by playing.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I like those two packs, they think like I do.

Iskandak and JellyBerry like this.
  7. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

I am of the opinion that the random runes system is ok. It builds up your rune pool and makes it easier to try out different factions.

@StormChasee , you might want to save up and buy a theme deck in the marketplace to get a starting deck and build from there. Here's a post by @KTCAOP where you can see what runes are in the different decks.

8. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

If you play skirmish matches with KF-bgs you will get KF core-set runes. I strongly advise you to not use money nor gold on coreset packs.

9. StormChasee

Not at the moment. I'm seeing which runes I get. So far I've been getting an even split between beasts, fairies and elves.

10. StormChasee

I can get that on the beginner campaigns to. I just won a skirmish with the KF public deck, but it was a struggle. I was nearly overrun. The AI seems to have an advantage. Once I overcame the initial onrush I was able to turn the tide. I haven't played the second in the campaign yet.

11. StormChasee

A theme deck is going to take a long time.

12. Karamasov

True. But if you don't want to put money into the game it is gonna take time. Besides that my best bet is farming runes in skirmish.

Also use PoxPoints or PoxBox to trade for the runes you need. It is the fastest way to a decent deck.

13. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

yeah, but if there was a faction-specific pack it'd just be straight up better. If you want to buy random then you could still buy random. Having more options doesn't detract from anything in this case

14. Karamasov

Not saying it shouldn't be. There are just arguments against.

15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

That's now how random works.

That said, faction-based packs (something brought up way back when DOG acquried Pox as well) would probably do a lot to improve things, especially for new players focusing on getting a workable BG without having to buy tons and tons and go through the rather annoying sharding process. I do like the rune reward system though, and I'm glad it was expanded somewhat recently.

16. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

Core set for free.

Ohmin likes this.
  17. StormChasee

At this point I'm not sure what I need or really want to tell you the truth. I'm just fumbling through seeing what I get. How does Conquest of Champions compare to this game? I stumbled across on a Steam explore set. The 1Gb video card requirement will make it unplayable on my computer unless it's a soft requirement.

18. Karamasov

Stick with Pox Nora ;)

I have less than a hundred games in ranked, but more that a thousand in Training Ground. I've really enjoyed TG. There you can get a feel for the different runes without you opponent having access to those "OP runes" that can be really hard to handle when your new. I like the mode because its fixed decks, so with time you will learn the different decks and their weaknesses and strengths. Also you are awarded runes with every match in TG. Try out the different decks and get familiar with a few, that will also give you some idea of what faction you will like the best.

One last thing. Join a guild. There you can get a lot of questions answered and people to play casual with. I'm in Pox Academy.

Good luck with Pox!

19. StormChasee

I don't remember getting a rune in the TG match I had. I did get the 350 gold since it was one of those daily achievements. Like I mentioned in the other thread I'm not really interested in pvp play. I prefer to play against the computer where I can take my time and pause the game if necessary.

This game is not the usual type of game I tend to play. I usually play the strategic 4x type games like Civ or operational strategy games like Gary Grigsby's War in the East.