UD meta BG

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by peolinen, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Here's a question for dem experienced UD players: when do you add Masochism to the bg and when do you skip it?

2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

not to say i'm all too experienced, I would say Mas is for when you need a defensive play. I usually lean more offensive on spells because that's what I like. Mas has it's uses though, always handy to have around.

3. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

From your initial bg. I would replace vanguard with reaver or ireguard and maybe remove a sacrifice or dark pact and add mindstorm because... nohkan do

4. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

I skip detection and use boomerang. you should be able to work out roughly where they are to get the hit off and then when you find them they have 10 hp left. Occassionally they will hide them behind their lines but usually they are off flanking to one side. I hate having champs there just for detection. persoanlly i haven't looked back. love boomerang. best UD spell prior to split personality...

5. drathys

I really struggle with bane shift. i love the idea but found in game that it seems quite variable what and when it passes onto the enemy. if you could help i would love to use it more

Fentum likes this.
  6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I find Split Personality better than Bane Shift. I have no cleanse (unless the Demon Lich is nearby).

My guy gets some nasty condition (bane) on my opponenet's turn.
    I SP the nearest big hitter on my turn.
    He hits me and so hits himself on his turn.
    Next turn my condition has worn off and I hit him.

I like that with Ireguards.

I REALLY REALLY value my Deep Elf Scout. He has won me so many games. Either with Pilfer or with Detect. Or with a double deploy turn two with a Deep Elf Merc. It is interesting to read that drathys rusn no detection. Brave!

7. drathys

but i have 2 boomerangs, they find those pesky stealthed. tho i am tempted by DES...

8. xplint

xplint I need me some PIE!

what about sheoul disicple? is she good for meta?

xKunta likes this.
  9. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

yes, maxx is very good and she costs 10 less with him out.

xKunta likes this.
  10. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Disciple is even good without maxx.

xKunta likes this.
  11. xplint

cool!! ive never played UD before, (i was playing fs, iS mostly) and since i returned after 3 months i was wondering how meta bg will look like

12. xplint

what are the must have runes? 2 angel of pains worth it?

13. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Yes. Mostly on bleed theme but bleed isn't good right now.
    There are too many depending on the type of bg you want to build.

14. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Bloodseeker and ariel on angels is great stuff.

15. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

After some patches, anything new to play?

16. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I suggest trying the Murk Demon. 59 nora for Ethereal, stealth and shadowshift. His role is to get into the enemies font and stall there.

Thanks to murk, detection is the only way to spot him. And thanks to ethereal he is hard to kill (despite his 36 HP) in skirmishes (also, murk means DoT will not de-stealth him). Plus with a demon shield he can be effectively immune from magic as well (rarely is it melee based).

I've started running 2x Murk Demon and 2x Manslayer, along with 2x Echoes as well.

Something like this: https://poxbase.com/deck/Ca4C3BcxC6-c60cw+coZCwNC5_C33c5=S2lS2Hs3osOsAs8@r2irAENe2g

I've considered swapping Split Personality out after it's change (maybe for mindblast?). PoV is good for the double taps from Manslayer. And of course, you have 8 champs under 65 nora for Maxx (Pin, Guardian, Murk, Scout, Alc). Priestess feels like a needed include with Maxx, still.

Fentum likes this.
  17. Fentum

Strings, I would love to give you a game to discuss UD tactics.

Right now I am trying to run a BG without spells.

Lupefi2 likes this.
  18. Goldleaf

Goldleaf The King of Potatoes

Whats everyone playing at the moment?..i like the look of engmal's bg

19. Fentum

Ireguards. Plus support.

20. Goldleaf

Goldleaf The King of Potatoes

anyone else using goblin spellkaisers?