Can't log into game

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Paladin, May 29, 2015.

1. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

Hi gents (aka Senshu),

For whatever reason I can't log into the game. I have had no problems before today; whenever I try to log in, I am met with the following error:

aaaa.png

My computer's date and time are correct as per the general tip regarding 'NullPointerException'. I've already reinstalled the client. Not really sure what to do at this point. I'm running Windows 7.

Only thing I noticed out of the ordinary is that it takes an abnormally long time to load the 'Update' screen when first opening the client. That little guy is hammering away for over 20 seconds, whereas before it was less than a second before I could go on to play Pox. I have tried enabling and disabling my VPN as well as swapping around servers, but it has no effect.

Btw, as a sidenote the 'About' info from the client ('Options' --> 'About') states Copyright 2006-2014, I think you guys should probably update that to 2015. :]

2. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

Update: This seems to have resolved itself on its own after several hours.

3. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

It could have been your computer was updating some settings or another program was interfering with Pox connecting.