How do I Sundered Meta?

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Dolcebrodude, May 29, 2015.

1. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Would love to see some non-theme FF SL bgs that you guys and gals run. Mostly because I'm super bad at creating my own.

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I haven't seen a good one since... Bane Shift I dunno, since DOG took over?

3. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I don't believe there are any goodstuffs bgs in SL atm. And that is very much a good thing in my opinion.

Gnomes and Anima26 like this.
  4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Sand splash in whatever is the strongest theme? (Aside from Skeezicks, firk those guys and their Warcry.)

5. Dolcebrodude

Do you fell that good stuff just doesn't have any advantage over Draks/Beasts/Skeez/Dragons or that most of our good stuff is better suited for themes?

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

A little of both. What you can consider SL's "best" stuff usually shines more in a dedicated theme deck (with very few exceptions) than splashing it all together in a deck.

Like something like this :
    [​IMG]
    looks kinda dumb doesn't it?

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  7. Sirius

Of course it does, I mean, Metamagic over Planar Dissonance or Batigue?
    Also, Locust is a better anti-summon than Ravenspeaker, in my opinion. Sure Ravenspeaker has stronger anti-summon ability and Locust is a bit of a risk that requires investment, but it's not firking 81 nora. It also works better with Sand, even if it's just a tiny bit of Sand. But then again, I include Transfusion in my bgs by default.

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

jesus christ i was trying to make a point

that's not a shell to build/improve upon... well at least i wouldn't recommend it

9. Sirius

You're right, it's really not a shell to improve on. If it was, it would've included some semblance of magic damage.

Anyway, I was just trolling you by talking about it seriously.

10. Dolcebrodude

So, if meta BGs in SL are not worth the effort, what other style/theme would you recommend to someone who's bored of Draksar and Skeezick meat spam?

11. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

dragon or beast meat spam

Anima26 and Dolcebrodude like this.
  12. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Or lol why you bothering myx meatspam.

13. Dolcebrodude

I was kinda calling these answers lol. Dragon and Myx themes are pretty obvious to me and, well, boring.

Beasts have fun champs, but I would like to see what does the inevitable Farm change do before getting all the roonz.

Does anyone even play sand these days? It seems to be the bg least concerned with racial themes and a wider range of options. @fattyy2k or anybody care to elighten a noob?

14. Sirius

I played Sand a bit before the cost formula change. It's fun but lacks a bunch of things and a few of the pieces don't agree with each other in the same bg. It's kind of a B tier deck.

15. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

Sand functions more a subtheme or a module. You use a lot of meta runes (ie kwingalpha, snogvie) but you tailor it to use the sand terrain for bonuses. It is not a reliable stand alone theme but sok did tell me they are going to be expanding apon it here in the hopefully not so distant future.
    I agree it falls into b tier due to the lack of optimal champ efficiency. Too many of the runes don't work well enough together but rather as solo champs which is not the best bg.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

dunno

i enjoyed meta from time to time

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

ACID ELE, CARRY US

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  18. Dolcebrodude

When I think about it, just Hunchbacks + Flagellums could carry the whole meta bg on their back.