Terraformer

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Thbigchief, May 13, 2015.

1. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I think we need to investigate the cost reduction associated with having damage and/or a basic attack. For example the cost vs worth ratio of a :

1) 10 damage no basic attack champ
    2) 10 damage basic attack champ
    3) 1 damage basic attack champ
    4) 0 damage no basic attack champ

- What I mean is from 1 to 0 damage should be a significant change. I don't feel "not having" a basic attack is reducing champions cost enough. Not having damage is one thing but not having a basic attack is something altogether different...although damage dependent of course.

- Possible solutions to quasi-passive champions like Terraformer.

1) Remove Terraform: Rock from base
    Remove Shatter from base
    Change Terraform: Lava to rank 1 instead of 2
    Rockslide to base

Upgrade path 1 : Lava storm, Avalanche
    Upgrade path 2 : Tidal wave, Shatter, Terraform: Rock

2) Make the nora cost from 1 to 0 damage and/or champions with no basic attack more favorable to passive-ish champs.

Nora That likes this.
  2. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Surely 'passive-ish' champs would refuse to fight?

o_O

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Champs without a basic attack are getting hosed on cost. Nothing new here, just something @Sokolov refuses to address.

Pl0x, add attack phys and Magic to every IS rune. I mean, the ability has no worth so it should be balanced.

4. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

I miss the Elemental Warstaff with 1-4 range and 4 base attacks. I really wish they would re-buff him, honestly with the 12 nora shaved off from taking off the attacks + no cooldown/extra AP cost, the extra cost for the range would be entirely worth it.

5. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Bro war staff is in a great spot right now

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Most passive champs have modifiers (sometimes significant) one way or another, generally negative, tho in some cases positive. For example, Icewisp has a fairly high +modifier because it'd a 40 nora champ without one.

That said, Terraformer does not currently have a modifier, so I am pretty open to adding one.

Now, removing Shatter from base is interesting, as I had numerous requests to ADD Shatter to base for him, tho I understand the rework is intended to allow him to have 3 different attack abilities - tho in that case I would wonder if he would deserve a as much of a passive modifier then especially since he'd cost 58 nora without a modifier for the following:

Terraform: Lava 1
    Rock Slide
    Avalanche (U1 Default)
    Tidal Wave (U2 Default)

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Do those AOEs have an attack chain? If not 3 might be too many. Is there a reason you want him passive just flavor to his name? Rockfront could be flavorful to that end. Shatter is good. Does grant trail: rock exist? Tunnel: earth1.

If you're not inclined toward flavor, 2-4 magic would solve the issue.

If you rather go the support route you could make one ups line support. Stall, grant reflexes, sustain something, grant arua,

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I vote we give him Gale and declare him the Avatar...

Sirius likes this.
  9. Thbigchief

- Shatter is definitely useful and putting it on the upgrade line might seem like an auto-pick for most...but if its on a niche upgrade line like avalanche (for someone who wanted to make an ST split or something..that option would be there for them). But unfortunately avalanche hurts mostly due to impeding snow and no arctic etc. So it would only likely be chosen if given the choice in a special deck which I think is fine.

10. Thbigchief

- Is it an option to simply take another look at how we are dealing with "passive" in general? Saying he needs a "modifier" implies he's getting something extra ... but really having no attack is more detrimental then its currently being valued at imo...similar to how mercy is.

Baskitkase likes this.
  11. Thbigchief

- I mean nohkan guide cost 69... and I'd run down the cost before you do..but I know why and we all get why these 2 runes cost what they cost... but maybe they shouldn't . Nokan guide has a basic attack...rip.

12. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Can we make a list of possible abilities? Then work from there. I think we mostly agree on making him a support-ish rune with AoEs.
    Possible abilities (later we could discuss how to order them):
    > Terraform: Lava, Terraform: Rock, Create Chasm?
    > All terrains AoEs (Lava, Avalanche, Tidal Wave, Rock Slide)
    > Shatter
    > Tunnel: Earth 1, Grant: Tunnel Earth 1
    > Rock Front, Grant: Trail: rock (if it exists)
    (The next two are suggestions for flavor)
    > Stone Barrage
    > Blessing of Stone

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

For discussion purposes:

10 DMG and 2-4 RNG compared to 0 DMG and 1-1 RNG is 30 nora.