overkill:Heal

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by chickenpox2, May 26, 2015.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I still feel that resurrection was over-nerfed.I feel that it should not be just restricted to elves other UD theme would greatly benefit like imps,boks, spiders and other non demon themes under UD. I mean demin elves already have a great healing capabilities with bleed/blood orbs do they really need more healing sources?
    @badgerale

2. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

The problem is that I don't think any elf except fanatics has a way to increase dmg. There may be more but when you think of high DMG, well Grimlic, Fanatic... (add more).

The problem isn't the race, just some runes. Maybe if they cap it for 10 max HP healed then maybe. @Moles
    The problem is with guys like Frenzy Pit Dragon, Gahlroon, Reaver. Then we have imp vixen, soulbleeder, thirster, ireguard, klzik, broodmother etc.

3. chickenpox2

10 might be too low probably 25 max

4. Revengercm

Um. that's too unbalanced. If you have UD champs on you and they heal pretty easily like that how else will one counter it? 10 heal MAX is ok. If anything gets to the point that can heal 25 then GG for the other guy. Use mandate of sheoul on someone else than.

5. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

So you expect champs to hit for atleast 26 damage before any restictions? I know UD hits hard but if this is the reasonable damage output/healing cap I need to start looking at playing ud because that much damage seems silly.

6. chickenpox2

i choose 25 maybe it could be reduced to 15-20.
The reason is it should be stronger than life siphon but a bit weaker than lifedrinker

7. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

I actually wanted to go a different way with the nerf, but the change to Elves only DOES fit the runes flavour. (have you played the campaign for the storyline?) Have you tried running a full deep elf deck?

8. chickenpox2

That's too bad that UD lost an oppertunity to get an ability that allowes other themes other than demons to heal themselves

9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Bear in mind that all the relics this expansion were intended to promote themes. The UD one is now in line with that.

10. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

ya, and that was mainly due to the power of Cull.

Thats not to say UD won't get more access to Overkill: Healing in the future.

chickenpox2 and Revengercm like this.
  11. Revengercm

New ability: grants: overkill:healing. Add this to every shoeboxed champ on UD.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The FS one seems to promote meta, but otherwise, yeah.

13. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

I don't know how much we will get out of this in the future, now that the greens seems to be taking for real the thing about making damage and destroyed champions something of value for UD, but I suppose here's where things gets a little bit complicated.

We are not necessarily a bad faction. We, indeed, have super strong stuff which can turn the table when the odd are against us. Anyone who have used a Retribution to finish off an Avatar knows this well. And that's where things takes a U turn in matter of general playability. We don't really stack up every abbility we can on a single champ, first, because we have a lot to deal insane amount of damage without snowballing because that much damage is like a general thing. We have Amplify fire, which I think it was the first of them all. We have plenty of different damage types, auras, abbilities, etc. Some of them are not that good. Some other are wasted on not-so-good champs, but they still get to see some action from time to time. And some others are so mindblowing that they've got to be nerfed (Blood Magic, Fire Volatility, Temple of Brutality) .

Imaging Minotaurs super mobility and super-stocked champs with any of the abbilities described above! Worse on, imagine anything outside UD abusing our stuff. With a few twitches to some shoeboxed champs in SP, the guys managed to develop a crazy split SP/UD BG which I swear is much better than FF Fire. It might be kind of a turnoff to see cool stuff getting nerfed, but (sometimes), it has a reason to be. I mean, imagine what it would be to have people running Bile Zombie + Burnout but instead of Burnout, something which was twice or thrice as strong without any kind of restriction! Like Arrow Eater + NKD. That would be ****** crazy.

Now imagine Resurrection working with anything else. By the way, Bleed is bad healing if you ain't got an Elder Bloodbinder, or do over 20 damage on single attack. And I don't think anybody ever uses Orb of Deception...which benefits demons anyways.