Let's Revamp The Vashal!!!

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, May 29, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It is only a matter of time before the little Vashal become a complete theme and lose Race: Beast. Losing Race: Beast, if not done well, could ruin what little bit of theme they have. As such, here is my Vashal revamp proposal...

General Changes

Race: Beast- All Vashal champions lose Race: Beast.
    Seal of the Vashal- Nora Cost reduced from 4 to 3.
    Vashal Changes
    Vashal Cavalier- Hunter: Unholy moved from base to Upgrade Path 1 (-6 Nora). Unstoppable added to base (+3 Nora).
    Vashal Druid- Foment removed from base (-10 Nora). Train: Spell Resistance added to base (+3 Nora). Upgrade Path 1 changed to Boost: Beast 2, Boost: Vashal 2, Cleanse. Upgrade Path 2 changed to Foment, Surge: Beast 1, Surge: Vashal 1.
    Vashal Enchanter- Upgrade Path 2 changed to Grand Entrance, Call to Arms.
    Vashal Eremite- Hunter: Giant moved from base to Upgrade Path 1 (-5 Nora). Fearless added to base (+2 Nora).
    Vashal Mirrorblade- Reflexes 1 replaced with Hunter: Meek in Upgrade Path 1.
    Vashal Quillback- Class changed from Rogue to Knight, Rogue. DMG reduced from 10 to 9 (-2 Nora). HP increased from 36 to 38 (+2 Nora). Seal of the Vashal added to base (+3 Nora). Vulnerability: Disease replaced with Vulnerability: Electricity on base. Hunter: Equipped added to Upgrade Path 1. Spike Nova 3 added to Upgrade Path 2.
    Vashal Quillquip- DMG increased from 8 to 9 (+2 Nora). DEF reduced from 1 to 0 (-3 Nora). Hunter: Hero removed from base (-5 Nora). Seal of the Vashal added to base (+3 Nora). Upgrade Path 1 changed to Poison 1, Poison 2, Leverage: Vashal.
    Vashal Ranger- Cost of Pet: Wolf reduced from 26 to 20. Seal of the Vashal added to base (+3 Nora). Hunter: Unnatural removed from base (-3 Nora). Upgrade Path 1 changed to Flanking, Logistics: Flanking, Initiative 1. Upgrade Path 2 changed to Train: Opportunistic Assault, Shatter, Hunter: Quick.
    Vashal Vicar- DEF reduced from 1 to 0 (-3 DEF). Upgrade Path 1 changed to Aid Defense, Cleansing Aura, Heal Champion3. Upgrade Path 2 changed to Nora Miner 1, Dispelling Blows, Intensify.
    Non-Vashal Changes
    Dusk Druid- DMG reduced from 9 to 0 (-18 Nora). Forest Lerper Form and Escape removed from base (-12 Nora). Cloak 2, Stealth, and Dreameater added base (+26 Nora). Upgrade Path 1 changed to Boost: Vashal 2, Boost: Garu 2, Hearten.
    Woodchuck*- Race changed from Race: Beast to Race: Beast, Vashal. Logistics: Range replaces Stun on Upgrade Path 1.
    Woodland Jester*- Race changed from Race: Beast to Race: Beast, Vashal. DMG reduced from 9 to 8 (-2 Nora). HP increased from 32 to 36 (+3 Nora). Projection removed from base (-11 Nora). Bastion of Mobility and Dissipate added to base (+2 Nora). Charm 1 removed from Upgrade Path 1.
    Vashal Themed Non-Champion Changes
    Poisonquill Trap- Cost reduced from 30 to 25.
    Woodland Portal- Cost reduced from 35 to 30.
    Shield of Thorns**- Gains Seal of the Vashal, in addition to its current effects, if equipped on a Vashal.
    Notes
    *Indicates a champion that would become, or remain, Race: Beast, Vashal.
    **Indicates non-champion runes that will be added to the theme.​

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  2. Xirone

In short, all current Vashal champs will lose Race: Beast. Woodchuck and Woodland Jester are added to the Vashal theme. All Vashal, who do not have Race: Beast, have Seal of the Vashal on base. Many of the champs have slight to moderate changes. All melee Vashal have a Hunter: X ability as an upgrade option (instead of on base).

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  3. Xirone

4. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

If race beast is removed from vashal they will not be able to function as a theme on their own. Although they are likely to fall apart with the changes to boost anyways. As far as the changes go, many are good but i like hunter unholy and hunter giant on the cavalier and eremite respectively. The rest of the changes would help the vashal you are trying to change (other than cavalier and eremite) but I do not see it being enough to make vashal capable of working as a standalone theme.

TheBulwark likes this.
  5. Xirone

I totally forgot the Sok is thinking of changing Boost: X mechanics. How those abilities are implemented would really affect Beast/Vashal decks.

6. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Indeed, I hope sok considers this in making the changes. Otherwise KF and many other factions will likely shift more towards meta good stuff decks.

7. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Something like this might be nice alternative to Boost (or future revisions of) for mixed race themes, like Vashal/Beast, Garu/Beast, Lonx/Beast:

Kinship: Beast - This champion gains +2 Damage if a friendly beast is within 5 spaces. Friendly beasts within 5 spaces gain +2 Damage. These effects do not stack.

Placed on Vashal/Garu/Lonx units, Kinship provides a noticeable benefit to both parties and encourages a mix of units, since deploying all of one race or the other doesn't satisfy the conditions.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Xirone likes this.
  8. Xirone

Kind of like a better, less conditional, version of Bear Kinship (Garu Primitive).

9. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

So long as no other part of it is changed, cause I really love shield of thorns + wind sprinter.

10. Xirone

Yeah, it was meant to be a slight buff. The equip would retain its original function but then also give Seal of the Vashal if equipped on a Vashal.

Edit: I updated the original post to be more clear.

11. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Ok, sounds fun... (quillback laughs)

12. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Assuming they nerf boost/commander/battlemaster the way Sok is talking sofar, then vashals will become pretty bad. Unless they start putting multiple buff abilities on the support champs.

I don't really see a problem with most of the boost abilities. Most themes currently have access to some of the list but not all. Vashal get boost, and battlemaster, but not motivate or command. Rich people can Fan Faire.

13. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Leave the vashal as are please. Its not like they are broken atm anyway