Returning player - looking for BG assistance

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Aztech, May 30, 2015.

1. Aztech

Aztech New Member

Hey! I am a returning player, haven't played the game since 2011 more less.

Im interested in making a meta / death benefit deck.

Could you guys point out which runes are a must and I should get? I probably have enough to trade for most of the stuff I would need to make a good deck.

What im currently using is:

Cleric of Unrest x1
    Crossbones x1
    Death Guard x1
    Death Harvester x1
    Elder Bloodbinder x1
    Elsari Swordmage x1
    Ethereal Soldier x1
    Executioner x2
    Lich King x|
    Pox Renovator x2
    Putrid Creeper x1
    Ravenwraith x1
    Serkan x1
    Xulos x1
    Skeletal Berserker x1
    Stitched Librarian x1
    Anathema x1
    Chain Lightning x1
    Desecration x1
    Domination x1
    Essence Drain x1
    Mobilization x2
    Elsarin Vex x1
    Tome of Hate x1
    Unholy Tomb x1
    Sacrifical Dagger x2

All suggestions are welcome, specially regarding which runes to acquire. I don't want to spend on runes that are useless, and most guides I've found are outdated!

Thanks in advance

Aztech

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I like the witch theme and skeleton theme right now.

Never have been good at FW meta.

i still use decay.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

First, there's a database site called poxbase.com which is a great place to look up runes. They also have a workbench that lets you build BGs. Doing that or taking a screenshot of your BG in the rune manager makes it a lot easier to read BGs.

Right off the bat, 2x Sacrificial Dagger seems unnecessary, whatever your plans. Are you intending to build to a particular idea or concept, use a pre-designed theme, or just put together a functional good-stuff BG? Figuring out what you want to do with a BG will help influence everyone else's suggestions.

4. Aztech

Aztech New Member

@OriginalG1 lol, I'll keep that in mind.

@kalasle Thanks! This is the BG at its current form: https://poxbase.com/deck/c2fc4mc93coOCwaCt6c16cf2cpDCkWcdUcwpc9dcuPc4ns6Zs3gspsgSns5arTr1r8Eq I swapped some things and got a couple legendaries. Im still unsure about crossbones, I want to try out with a High Warlock instead. Regarding the second Sac Dagger, I think I will swap it out for a Vendetta.

The idea is to have a functional good-stuff BG with some death benefit elements (vengeful in Serkan and Ravenwraith with Ligh Magistrate, for example).

OriginalG1 likes this.
  5. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I don't know if I'd run Domination with the current map rotation. Doom, or another Essence Drain might be better. Also, I personally don't like running two Mobis and would probably toss in Soulreave, Haunt, or Reaper's Blade or something, but that's just preference.