Discussion: New Reward Event and Reward Fulfilled for Coalitions Launch Event!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 26, 2015.

1. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

There should be a seperate event especially considering pvp rewards suck compared to single player rewards currently. Many pvp players would love to get more runes to play with in ranked and this event pretty much disqualifies them because there is no way a pvp player can get anywhere near as many games as a singleplayer playing 10minute matches against ai.

They should split the prize pool into a single player prize pool and a pvp player prize pool.

Also that fw problem you mentioned is a major issue, fw mirrors are terrible(worst faction mirror in the game by far). Boon of the undead needs to lose immunity asap and unholy tomb should affect enemy undead imo.

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

While I do agree with you I'm pretty sure everyone knows your opinion after the first 3 times you wrote it.

scrampy, darklord48, bambino and 2 others like this.
  3. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

After this event the top player will be so bored of Pox he quits. And this does not help getting new players :p

4. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

sorry for going off topic:

That absolutely does not make a FW mirror match less annoying. Best solution to avoid FW mirror matches is not playing it yourself.
    Unholy tomb does not need a buff.
    Removing the disease immunity should be a thought out action. Having to spread out lumbering champs because off disease auras would destroy (sub)themes.

I think hitting the show ignored messages was not a good idea.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  5. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Do you even play fw? The whole problem with fw mirror matches is disease immunity and tomb not working. How is allowing unholy tomb to work against opposing fw players buffing unholy tomb? wow im gonna need to facepalm for a bit after reading this.

Sometimes I wonder if some of the people that quote me even read my post or are even playing the same game.

6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

You don't consider allowing the runes you put in most (all?) your FW bgs to work 8/8 instead of 7/8 as a buff? 12.5% more efficiency is no buff you say. You have issues, math issues.

SPiEkY and darklord48 like this.
  7. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Dont bother here, Poison bgs were countered by FW as well, because of all the whining Boon of Undead lost its poison resistance.
    So MW just carry on whining about it and I'm sure they'll get right on it.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Initially I was against the idea of including single player in the competition, but as you said, this competition is designed for the grinders, and there's no reason they shouldn't be able to get rewarded too.

My suggestion for the next competition: Most ranked wins by BGs with only core set runes. Prize: 2x core set runes, untradable.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

*sigh* All these ppl *cry* I can't play that many games....

Well then, you won't win THIS event so just wait for the next one!
    I think it is swell of DoG to be doing events PERIOD. Lot more interaction than SOE ever gave.
    Kudos...I won't be competing in this event, but I did enjoy the boons from the last one! (free shards per 10 games)
    I think they are doing swell...keep it up guys!

DarkJello and Thbigchief like this.
  11. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Different events will benefit different types of players. Sometimes, that player is you, sometimes it is not.

There'll be more events in the future.

That's all.

13. stewe128

stewe128 New Member

This kinda provides binge gaming which isn't healthy lol. Why not add coalition ruins to campaigns for a week or two?

14. adino32

adino32 Member

I am just amazed at how some people find things to complain about. Here is an event where it costs you nothing added in monetary consideration for you to participate and if you happen to win you get a prize. A really good one. That in itself is a really good event. Now, is the event for everyone? Is it perfectly fair? No. Not even close. But before you start to criticize the event think about what you are doing. Is it fair that the marathon does not allow me to use a vehicle to complete? Is it fair that I can't take a gun into a boxing match? For the love of all things pointless and silly, let it go.

Like a previous poster said, if you don't like this event suggest one and be thank them that they took the time to create an event.

I saw this post a lot and it fits here to a degree... "Here is something free, whine about it."

DarkJello likes this.
  15. adino32

adino32 Member

I swear... I would really love to design games, but man I just could not take pettiness that is the gamer community.

16. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Sounds like you shouldn't design games. Unless you don't plan on gaining any money from it.